Gibson Brands Forums

Hi Everyone

redshift20

I just wanted to say hi to everyone and say thanks for all the knowledge being shared on this forum. I've been reading for a few months now in trying to do research.

I had been playing guitar for about 10 years, when I decided to sell all my gear about 2 or 3 years ago. If anyone is considering ever doing this, I beg you not too.. it's an awful thing. Please learn from my mistakes. O:) A few months ago I felt the need to come back to guitar, so I began researching.

I've owned a Gibson LP Studio and a Strat in the past... so I started looking there. Then something made me remember an Epiphone SG that I played in a music store 10 or so years ago. I just remembered thinking that there was something spectacular about the feel and sound of that guitar, and that I would have bought it had I had the money at the time.

Long story short, I pulled the trigger last week on a '66 Limited Edition G400, and I am not disappointed. I love this guitar! Not only does it look absolutely beautiful, but the sound and feel is just killer. Factor in the price, and I could not be happier.

Anyway... just thought I'd spill my story and say hi to everyone.

P.S. I've never been on a forum with so many Beatles fans.. I like it here!

Welcome to the Nuthouse, Redshift20...

I had stopped playing 30+ years ago, to go out into the world and make a "living!" When I quit playing,

I had sold, or put in storage, all my gear. Got the bug again (several times) and bought back guitars and amps...when the "bug" subsided...I didn't sell the stuff, just put it in storage.

(I learned, from my own mistake(s)...thank God!) Really got the bug, again, badly...about 6 years ago..and

haven't looked back, since. Purchased a few more guitars and amps in that time, as well. So...you're not

alone. It's a common problem/disease... ;>) And, G-400's are really nice guitars! Congratulations, and

have a ball!

CB

I'd like to add my welcome as well. I'm also a fellow "return to the fold" guy. Isn't it amazing how when the bug bites you again ... especially if its later in life ... it does so in a BIG way?

By the way, on your '66 G400, did you go for the cherry or the silverburst? I'm going back and forth on that one myself!

MIDI

Welcome to the Nuthouse' date=' Redshift20...

I had stopped playing 30+ years ago, to go out into the world and make a "living!" When I quit playing,

I had sold, or put in storage, all my gear. Got the bug again (several times) and bought back guitars and amps...when the "bug" subsided...I didn't sell the stuff, just put it in storage.

(I learned, from my own mistake(s)...thank God!) Really got the bug, again, badly...about 6 years ago..and

haven't looked back, since. Purchased a few more guitars and amps in that time, as well. So...you're not

alone. It's a common problem/disease... ;>) And, G-400's are really nice guitars! Congratulations, and

have a ball!

CB[/quote']

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who's done this. Hehe. I hope to never lose interest again, because it's a great (albeit expensive) hobby to have your entire life. However, if I do, I will stow my gear safely until my sanity comes back.

I'd like to add my welcome as well. I'm also a fellow "return to the fold" guy. Isn't it amazing how when the bug bites you again ... especially if its later in life ... it does so in a BIG way?

By the way' date=' on your '66 G400, did you go for the cherry or the silverburst? I'm going back and forth on that one myself!

MIDI[/quote']

It is amazing. The good thing is though, that there is sooo much information out there now with the Internet. I wish this stuff was around when I started. There are also some really nice pieces of equipment for reasonable prices. I found my self better equipped this time, with less gear and less money spent.. if that makes sense at all.

I did get the Heritage Cherry.. but I struggled with the decision for a bit. The Heritage Cherry finish is very nice looking, and ultimately my preference.. but I really liked the Silverburst as well. The cheaper price tag of the Silverburst swayed me for a bit, but in the end, it was the guitar that was in stock that I went for. :-k

I'm very happy with it.. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Archived