Gibson Brands Forums

All of your help needed.......

wrighty3693

Teacher of the Year is a political badge not a mark of competence.

Every "TY" I have known spends his/her year with their lips stuck to the arse of the headmaster whilst the real teachers sweat it out down where the students really live -- in the trenches.

Maybe things are different elsewhere. Hope that they are for around here the accolade designates wankers and a**kissers.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

I voted explorer just to wreck this useless poll, LOL.

Tell him to get a Dean Razorback.

And have him run it through a solid state Crate. One of the real small ones. And give him a Digitech multi effects pedal, an older one like an RP-5. If he can play convincing blues on that rig, then you know he's a guitarist worth learning something from. [-o<

I voted explorer just to wreck this useless poll' date=' LOL.

Tell him to get a Dean Razorback.

And have him run it through a solid state Crate. One of the real small ones. And give him a Digitech multi effects pedal, an older one like an RP-5. If he can play convincing blues on that rig, then you know he's a guitarist worth learning something from. [-o< [/quote']

Terrific!

Especially the amp/effects content which has me thinking: Maybe ol' B.B. should be given even more credit. After all, he does somehow manage to play blues running Lucille through solid state pieces of whatever.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

Although I respect Winter' date=' his tone never really did it for me.

Here...liquid tone.

[/quote']

Yeah, that's great stuff from Gary Moore on a Gibson Les Paul. The Red House (cover) he played

on a Fender Stratocaster in Wembley Arena 2004 is great too, as are Jimi Hendrix his own versions.

I know most members here like Gibson and Epiphone but for me the Fender Stratocaster is the

nr.one blues guitar. But any guitar can sing the blues.

Peter

You know something' date=' you are an idiot!

Because I don't like this guys poll, I "hate kids"???

You're a moron.

And I don't have to defend myself as a teacher. I have an absolutely unblemished record and have won multiple awards for my teaching, including "Teacher of the Year" twice in my career.

What I say and do here has nothing to do with what I do when I teach. I don't teach here. I come to learn, and to share knowledge, and give my opinion. And that is just what I did. I don't care if you like it or not. And if you want to think I hate kids becasue of that, than go ahead. I couldn't care less.

[/quote']

Woah, i didnt say that you actually hate kids, i said you sound as if you did the way you talked to wrighty here, it was fair harsh.

and i didnt say because you hate his poll you hate kids, I said that the way you decided to "Inform" him sounded like you were annoyed at him. Im not taking sides or anything im just saying, so what if he makes lots of polls, you DO NOT have to read them, thats the beauty of the internetz you can do whatever you damn please.

Tell him to get a Dean Razorback

oh man thats an awful suggestion, deans are just awful, all the ones ive tried sound crap and and play like a cold brick. But your amp suggestions a good idea, i agree with it.;)

Although I respect Winter' date=' his tone never really did it for me.

Here...liquid tone.

[/quote']

Lordy, ya miss the point. It ain't about tone - It's about feeling, touch and phrasing.

Moore is a heck of a player but his sound is pretty much just another variation on the over-amped Chicago-ish blues-rock.

The best played blues is about pulling a note so hard the air rushes out of the room or being able to write a volume with just four notes. Its about getting your guitar to sound like a preacher feeling the spirit coming on him.

Maybe I can't explain it but this guy can - The whole enchilda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdBmjInQoAM

And if ya want blues played on a Les Paul - the best white boy blues picker there ever was or ever will be.

Archived