Gibson Brands Forums

almost done.. not epis..

TWANG

and not trying to sell them in here, either.

telenat1.jpg

saga with clear finish, strat neck pup, reverse control plate, better tuners.

telenat2.jpg

I know many think they're junk. .but man.. they play nice when you take the time and are

as solid as anything.

not quite done but nearly.

this one was sold and busted headstock in shipping.. took me a long time to find a neck to fit.

still needs fretwork, which I hate to do because the floyd is so hard to mess with.

company went out of business.. they were copying without permission.

but it looks good and everything else is cool. still got a red flame top to do.. same deal.. busted

the headstock shipping. two! can you believe it. in hardshell cases, too.

blackfloyd3.jpg

blackfloyd4.jpg

I want to get all my lowend stuff done and out of the way so I can get to something serious.

These are nice beaters though. I'd have 'em! I may keep a rose model, since i don't have anything with

that whammy. kinda fun!

TWANG

Brick walls are solid too. You can't polish a turd.

I don't know about that... My Gibson copy was a right piece of crap when I got it, and it's pretty decent now. Not quite Gibson quality of course, but I would say a little nicer than my Epi. Plays and sounds great.

Not to mention, mythbusters proved that you can, in fact, polish a turd, in the literal sense.

I doubt Twang's tele is on an even keel with a real Fender, but I'm sure it would smoke a Squire. And wether or not you want to admit it, it looks very nice. Having done plenty of it myself on cabinets, I can respect a man who can spray a nice clear coat, kit guitar or not. So yeah, +1 for "nice work, Twang!"

The worst thing about the tele is the pups.

I kept the saga.. and the strat in the neck is an import, too.. both are ok, but vintage low output.. under 6ohms.

but they balance well, and the original neck pups sucked majorly. the tone is about what you'd expect for what they are.

It's got tele sounds galore, and no drop off on the high e like with the covered model.

You don't expect a guitar for two hundred bucks or less to sound like a thousand dollar instrument.

And it's stupid and snobbish to call them turds just because they're at the low end of the price range.

what they are is a very good starter guitar, a nice back up, and with better pups. easily gigable because they are strong,

and play nice.

Basic tele, basic jackson/et al. And they do the job.

That tele is easily equal to most of the squiers I've played. Including the one I own.

I sold a different floyd model to my sons friend almost a year and a half ago, not a single problem and he's learning to play. I think that's exactly what he wanted. A good looking inexpensive guitar that wont let him down. And a friend to back it up.

here's one that got away from me.. I should have bought this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=250360280914

I forgot to watch!

TWANG

what they are is a very good starter guitar' date=' a nice back up, and with better pups. easily gigable because they are strong

That tele is easily equal to most of the squiers I've played. Including the one I own.

[/quote']

The more you post the more foolish you sound.

"strong" just what in the world is a "strong" guitar?

Squiers, you compare to that trash? You really need to quit with your mindless BS, at this point it's laughable at best. Next you'll tell us all about the cigar box with rubberbands strung on it and how great it is compared to a kazoo stuck up a dogs butt.

Don't worry TWANG - those of us whom expediency has forced to take a cheap guitar and turn it into a playable beater know where you are coming from. The only important things are:-

[1] It feels right.

[2] It sounds right.

Bonus if it looks right too.

Sure - I would love to have a rack of Gibson guitars.

But I would rather have ANY guitar than no guitars at all.....

Archived