Gibson Brands Forums

So tell me about the Sheraton II

Big Arm

I have a Gibson ES-345 and a Dot Deluxe Flametop. While I like both ( I love the gibson!), I like the neck on the Gibson much better. Is the Sheraton II a smaller neck like the ES-345? I use the Dot as a guitar to leave at school, so it is fine, but maybe I would like the neck of the Sheraton better. I wish the Sheraton had the varitone, so I could have them almost identical. Is it possible to add a varitone at a reasonable cost?

Here is a schematic of a varitone. Basically, it is a switch to select among tone filter presets. It is possible to add one after-market. But you would have to find a tech willing to build one from scratch. I don't think they come as kits.

Maybe, instead of the Sheraton, you should look at the Lucille? Just a thought. Cheers.

I have a Gibson ES-345 and a Dot Deluxe Flametop. While I like both ( I love the gibson!)' date=' I like the neck on the Gibson much better. Is the Sheraton II a smaller neck like the ES-345? I use the Dot as a guitar to leave at school, so it is fine, but maybe I would like the neck of the Sheraton better. I wish the Sheraton had the varitone, so I could have them almost identical. Is it possible to add a varitone at a reasonable cost?[/quote']

What year is your ES-345? The necks did vary a bit, over the years. But, generally, the Sheraton will have

a thinner (more '60's) like neck, than the Dot, which is a "fatter," more rounded profile. I don't know about

the Epiphone "Lucille," (I have the Gibson version), and it has a beefier neck, than my Sheraton...almost a

'50's LP profile. As was BB's request. But, it's not uncomfortable, at all!

Hope that helps, some?

CB

I agree with inside man-check out a Lucille, varitone is stock. A former teacher of mine has one. I only played it a few times, but it was very nice, he had it set up great. It's been a few years though...I honestly can't remember, other than the favorable impression, if the neck was fatter than the Sherri II I have now. It's(the Sherri) very close to the 60's slim taper neck on my Gib L.P.-which backs up CB's assessment.

Archived