Gibson Brands Forums

strange convo..

Memphs1978

So this weekend my dad and i was talking and cleaning up the house a lil and he had his '05 Gibson Standard in root beer ( 60's neck ) and his custom made strat that i did for him in my hall way. he told me to put the les paul in my closet ( witch is here i keep all my guitars ) so being half smart a$$ and half a$$ for real i tell him possession is 9/10'th of the law so he tells me that's okay i know where you sleep and besides that you can have a " real one in there now too "

i guess the moral of my story or rant is i think he half *** gave the guitar to me.. lol but bet your a$$ im going to hang on to it for as long as i can lol

I wanted the rootbeer finish on my traditional, but they sold the one I was looking at before I had enough for a down payment. When I went in with the cash, I fell for this particular iced tea one though, so it's all good. The figuring on this one stands out way more than all the other gibsons they had there... I'm perfectly happy with this one. Once I'm rich and famous, I'll get one to match it in rootbeer, LOL.

As for the epi natural custom, those are beautiful guitars... I had one just like yours. The mahogany on the back was almost 3D... The finish was amazing on the whole thing. Great guitar... I regret selling mine now.

Archived