Gibson Brands Forums

Hummingbird - good deal here?

Kong

I'm looking at a used hummingbird for $285 with a wolfpack hard case.

The seller says guitar is 2 months old and the pics look good.

here's a link with pics

http:// http://newjersey.craigslist.org/msg/1044232831.html

I tried one at my local music store and I thought it sounded amazing, but I know acoustics differ from one to the next. Of course I'll play it before I buy.

What do the experts think. I looked up the case and they go for about $100

I bought the hummingbird today. It's in nice shape and plays beautifully. It also came with a really nice wolfpack case. The case feels like a hardshell, but has soft sides and lots of pockets. It also has a hydrometer in it. Got the guitar and case for $285 and I'm pretty happy with this deal. Here are some pics. HNGD to me!!

045.jpg

037.jpg

046.jpg

044.jpg

042.jpg

Nice find Kong' date=' I'm jealous. With the Wolfpack case that's a ~$400 package. Craiglist is amazing when things work out.

It's a good thing you didn't wait much longer, I already had my car keys in my hand....[/quote']

Thanks, Brian

Last week I was looking at one that was way out in Suffolk, LI.

5 - 6 hour round trip was too much for me!! Would have blown my savings on gas!

Great deal, great guitar, CONGRATS!!

I've got some pretty high $$ gear, still have a case of GAS for a Hummingbird. I fancy a natural finish one, you don't see many of those.

I take my SO to GC with me, we usually spend at least half an hour in the humidity controlled room just trying out guits. She always asks for the Hummingbird, likes the sweet sound.

To get a 'bird with that case for that $$, that's a dream deal =D> !!

Dugly O:)

Awesome deal and really nice looking guitar! How does it sound?

I'm no expert on acoustic guitars, but I'm really loving the sound. There's a nice collection of acoustics at my local music store and I've tried quite a few. I can honestly say I like the hummingbird the best by far out of guitars in this range. My girlfriend came down with me to hear some acoustics and she liked the 'bird best too. It seems to be a great fit with my playing style and abilities.

I felt many of the other guitars sounded kind of thin even on more expensive brands and models. This thing projects nicely and I really like the tone. The action is nice and low the way I like it. I may have to have it set up though, getting some buzz on the low e string when I strum too hard. I'm also excited because most of the comments that I hear are that these things get better with age. I also really like the finish and the binding. There are a few slightly rough edges on the binding on the back of the guitar but overall quality seems slightly better than I would expect for the price I paid.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys and gals.

Congrats to you on a new Bird!. It looks like we got a few new Bird owners this week.

You got a great deal on both guitar and case! :-

I was lucky to get mine already setup and upgraded with a tusq nut and saddle. It sounds and plays wonderfully. It suits my style of hamfisted strumming and picking perfectly.

Congrats to you on a new Bird!. It looks like we got a few new Bird owners this week.

You got a great deal on both guitar and case! :-({|=

I was lucky to get mine already setup and upgraded with a tusq nut and saddle. It sounds and plays wonderfully. It suits my style of hamfisted strumming and picking perfectly.

Hey my fists are made of ham too! Hummingbirds rule :D/

Archived