Gibson Brands Forums

And yet again Oasis playing epiphone

twiggy

Can i ask where your from?

Im from The Wirral, the reason you hate Liverpool is because you are jealous of our success. Dirty Leeds tried to cheat and buy success, they failed, went into administration and ended up in the Vauxhall conference or wherever it is you play now!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dirty Leeds tried to cheat and buy success' date=' they failed, went into administration and ended up in the Vauxhall conference or wherever it is you play now!

[/quote']

Tut, tut! They play in League One as you very well know (or, in pre-Premiership and Championship speak, the Football League Third Division). Keeping them company are such titans as S****horpe, Yeovil, Leyton Orient and Crewe). If David O' Leary was still the boss at Elland Road he'd be telling everyone it was all part of some great master-plan, but if he could just have a few more million in transfer funds...

noel is a bit of a gear-head, when on your he always goes to local music shops and buys weird bits of kit.

lots of it makes it onto the records, on the new album they used a plastic toy sitar, and listen to the piano at the start of be here now, its a toy piano stoken from mick jaggars house.

he always buys weird pedals as well. andat the other end of the scale, they record at abbey road, using things like the beatles echo chamber etc

Are we really debating personal preference and personal opinions? Either you like Oasis, you don't like Oasis, or you think that they're just okay... It doesn't really matter to anyone other than yourself.

I remember when they came out, they weren't/aren't very original (ahem... Beatles? Stone Roses? Smiths?) compared to most of the other bands on Creation at the time, but they do have some good songs and more than enough attitude to back it all up! They were Creation's Nirvana....

Oasis did make Epiphone archtops cool again, though. No doubt about that.

Lets take a Beatle tune and alter one note' date='and maybe one chord if they can stretch the imagination that far,and then we can call it a Oasis tune ,i wonder what John Lennon would think of Noel Gallagher if he were here today,thank god we had the Beatles,best wishes scarrabri[/quote']

Lets take an objective view if we can, I am a massive fan but I have never done this exercise before...

Lets name the Oasis song and then the Beatles track its 'linked' to....

I am not trying to be confrontational or sarcastic, I honestly think it would be a great exercise to do. Lets see how many we can come up with... we may be surprised!

Lets take an objective view if we can' date=' I am a massive fan but I have never done this exercise before...

Lets name the Oasis song and then the Beatles track its 'linked' to....

I am not trying to be confrontational or sarcastic, I honestly think it would be a great exercise to do. Lets see how many we can come up with... we may be surprised![/quote']

Dont look back in anger has an intro that smacks of Imagine ,and there are a lot more that has been stolen from the the only great band the Beatles, by the way i dont dislike Oasis,but there are bits of Beatle tunes in a lot of there songs,very best wishes scarrabri

Im from The Wirral' date=' the reason you hate Liverpool is because you are jealous of our success. Dirty Leeds tried to cheat and buy success, they failed, went into administration and ended up in the Vauxhall conference or wherever it is you play now!

[/quote']

Nah the reason i hate liverpool is because they play awful football (i won't comment on their last two impressive results because i missed those games), the most overrated support in the world, the accent itself is a joke beyond belief and scousers are all bindippers. Jealousy doesn't come into it. The reason you call us 'dirty' leeds is goes back to revie era when their was proper football unlike nowadays. Leeds had these tough tackling players like bremner but he was small and could he hold his own. The clubs hooligans who could also hold their own. you get done over on the pitch and off it. If you hate leeds 'ave a go. 19 years since the title =P~

Dont look back in anger has an intro that smacks of Imagine ' date='and there are a lot more that has been stolen from the the only great band the Beatles, by the way i dont dislike Oasis,but there are bits of Beatle tunes in a lot of there songs,very best wishes scarrabri[/quote']

The Beatles v.s. Oasis Oasis is a band of the nineties that is often compared The Beatles. They try to be like The Beatles only to do it unsuccessfully. The lead singer of Oasis, Liam Galagher tries to be like the lead singer of The Beatles, John Lennon. The way Liam Galagher sounds, and the way he writes his music are very similar. The New York Times Magazine said, Oasis's second album (What's the Story) Morning Glory, is also indebted to The Beatles. The singer Liam Gallagher sounds like a more nasal John Lennon, with the joie de vive curdled to a sour arrogance. John Lennon wrote a song in the seventies called Imagine. Oasis just released a song on their second album called Don't Look Back in Anger. The beginning of this song is exactly like the beginning in Imagine. Another song off their second album (What's the Story) Morning Glory, Champagne Supernova Sounds a lot like The Beatles song, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. If you look at some of the lyrics in Oasis's song Champagne Supernova it talks about being lost in the clouds in a champagne supernova. In The Beatles song Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds it talks about climbing in the back of a newspaper taxi, with your head in the clouds

and this is just a sample ,best wishes scarrabri

the reason i hate liverpool is because they play awful football...the accent itself is a joke beyond belief...

Careful Tom' date=' mocking the Scouse accent! You need to be careful, this forum is a mecca for Beatle-Worshippers of all types. They're going to be after your blood.

Seriously though, no-one from the West Riding of Yorkshire is in a position to comment on accents. The evidence is out there - just listen to Geoff Boycott commentating on t' creek-it.

The clubs hooligans could also hold their own

Commendable, that...

19 years since the title O:)

17 years for Leeds, if memory serves me right...Still, there are fewer years to pick from (more space in the Elland Road trophy room than is the case at Anfield...)

Well whats the story isnt there best record .DM Is and if u listen to CS The waves at the start are from Yellow submarine .there countless bits noel uses but he donst hide the fact as he says its paying tribute to them

Hi Gilber ,well paying tribute to them is a good way of saying i did not know what else to use,which just about sums it up ,best wishes scarrabri

Nah the reason i hate liverpool is because they play awful football (i won't comment on their last two impressive results because i missed those games)' date=' the most overrated support in the world, the accent itself is a joke beyond belief and scousers are all bindippers. Jealousy doesn't come into it. The reason you call us 'dirty' leeds is goes back to revie era when their was proper football unlike nowadays. Leeds had these tough tackling players like bremner but he was small and could he hold his own. The clubs hooligans who could also hold their own. you get done over on the pitch and off it. If you hate leeds 'ave a go. 19 years since the title O:)

[/quote']

wow Tom, mocking the Scouse accent,and you from wakefield ,thats like kettle calling teapot black lol

loads of good things came out of liverpool, The Beatles ,best wishes scarrabri

ps anyone know what a bindipper does

So far we have that the start of DLBIA sounds similar to Imagine (which, if I recall, is not even a Beatles song), Champagne Supernova contains the word CLOUD and has waves at the start.... how these guys made a living copying the beatles I will never know!!

Come on guys, lets back up some of these comments... There is a difference between paying tribute to and copying. Gilbert is right, Noel doesn't hide the fact that he's a fan so whats the problem with dropping in a couple of references?

I'm not dismissing either sides points, I just like things backed up.

wow Tom' date=' mocking the Scouse accent,and you from wakefield ,thats like kettle calling teapot black lol

loads of good things came out of liverpool, The Beatles ,best wishes scarrabri

ps anyone know what a bindipper does[/quote']

The wakefield accent is not a strong accent like other yorkshire areas like barnsley. But the scouse accent is a disgrace to mankind. Bindipper, work it out its not that hard is it really?

I see it now. You're right! The '90s really sucked music-wise. Looking back' date=' I can't believe I wasted my time buying crap like [i']OK Computer[/i], Definitely Maybe, Nevermind and all that other garbage. I must have been out of my mind.

Luckily, the 2000s have redressed the balance and have brought us some truly inspired artists. I speak, of course, of Nickelback, John Mayer, and a whole host of other geniuses. Most importantly, however, the 2000s have brought us yet closer to humankind's artistic zenith:

AmericanIdolSeason7StudioRecordings.jpg

How fortunate we are to move in these times...

Wait a minute. Nickelback and Idol inspired?! Whatever you're smoking, please pass some along to me.

I'll give you John Mayer, though. As a bluesman, he's downright incredible.

The wakefield accent is not a strong accent like other yorkshire areas like barnsley. But the scouse accent is a disgrace to mankind. Bindipper' date=' work it out its not that hard is it really?[/quote']

You can tell you are a school boy, you know nothing about football, nothing about music and you dont realise YOUR accent makes you sound like a slack jawed mong! :-k

Wait a minute. Nickelback and Idol inspired?! Whatever you're smoking' date=' please pass some along to me.[/quote']

Yep, sorry about that. I was being a bit sarcastic.

I'll give you John Mayer' date=' though. As a bluesman, he's downright incredible.[/quote']

John Mayer needs to decide whether he's a blues musician or a VH1 Top 40 pin-up. He certainly has the chops to be a great blues guitarist, but all that Waiting on the World to Change crap is just glorified elevator music. He seems to desire to be all incarnations of Clapton simultaneously - the Clapton who brought us Sunshine of your Love, and the Clapton who brought us Wonderful Tonight rolled into one.

I saw Mayer live in Raleigh, NC a couple of years ago. Ben Folds was supporting him, and was waaaayyy more entertaining. He'd set the lyrics of this obscene rap song by Dr Dre called *****es Ain't Sh*t to his own melodic piano style. It was a mid-week, early evening gig outside, so there were all these well dressed Moms and Pops who'd brought their teenage kids to hear John Mayer's pop act, and just before Mayer came on stage they were treated to Ben Folds crooning about f*****g ho's and selling drugs on the mother******g Compton streets.

Comedy.

You can tell you are a school boy' date=' you know nothing about football, nothing about music and you dont realise YOUR accent makes you sound like a slack jawed mong! =P~ [/quote']

Trust me on this one mate, i' know more than you'll ever no about football than you'll ever know. my music knowledge aint as good as most on here but i know my stuff. You can chuck insults at me mate but im mature unlike some so before you try to act like your better than me because your older than me take a look at yourself. Before you say about me mocking scousers i wasn't throwing personal insults.

and all I wanted is just to point to everyones beloved epi in hands of oasis...

Yep' date=' Oasis still like their Epis and lots of us still like Oasis!

Tom' date=' you have one hour to clean up your last post, (especially the last sentence).[/quote']

Not telling you how to do your job Duane, but the UK is 5 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time (and 8 hours ahead of Pacific.) Can you give him until the morning?

It's funny- Oasis is always accused of ripping off the beatles, and yet that's one of hte few bands htey didn't really "borrow" from at all. their style and themes are very much attributable to the beatles, but their musical style is very much harder edged- and their "borrowing" has been from bands like T.Rex, not the beatles.

It's funny- Oasis is always accused of ripping off the beatles' date=' and yet that's one of hte few bands htey didn't really "borrow" from at all. their style and themes are very much attributable to the beatles, but their musical style is very much harder edged- and their "borrowing" has been from bands like T.Rex, not the beatles.

[/quote']

I couldn't agree more. The riff from Cigarettes and Alcohol is the riff from Get it On. Still an amazing track though.

I reckon there's a fair bit of Slade floating around in there too. They even covered Come on feel the Noize (very well, actually):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkOcPgjWPfU

Archived