Gibson Brands Forums

Bigger than expected tax return=Goldtop? Good idea?

mbrooks0711

Okay, so I came to find out today that my tax refund is going to be bigger than expected. Gave full disclosure to the wife and I think after saving a good amount, I should get about $500 to spend. Can't get a gold-top off my mind. Special note: they are discontinued according to the Epiphone website so I'm sure they will be much harder to find in the future.So i guess the real question is this: Is there any better way to spend $500 than on a '56 re-issue gold-top?

397862.jpg

awww. so beautiful

In my band in college (in the 70s) we all had gold top Les Pauls. I had the gold top les paul signature hollow body, and 2 of my band mates had gold top les pauls. All those guitars are now sold. I wish I still had my gold top les paul signature hollow body, :-s Sigh.

go for the gold top!

When we went to H&R Block, we somehow ended up giving my wife's bank details for the direct deposit of our tax refund. So bang goes my scheming and plotting for a Gibson Firebird. 106.gif

Probably a good thing really...the fridge and stove are on the way out. I told her that the gas station across the way sells cold beer, and there's a perfectly good pizza delivery joint in town...but maybe she is seeing the bigger picture...

Archived