Gibson Brands Forums

Epi 56 Gold Top

msak24cardss

Just had to share this one. Been looking for one of these for 2 years. Found it on Craig's List for $250.00 w/OHSC.

Picture018.jpg

broke as i am, i would have picked up cans on the side of the highway to get this for $250. plus a case? it pays to be diligent when looking for things. major score!

Congrats. Wow thats a great price. I have to pay 500 for mine and thats without a case. Of course I'm buying it new, I couldn't find one used anywhere except ebay and I don't mess with ebay. Hopefully I can pay it off this Friday and finally bring it home. Congrats I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Hey thanks guys for all the props. I waited quite a while for this one. Soon as the guy listed it on Craig's list I called him right away and asked him to hold it for me. When I got there the guy had about 20 guitars in his living room. He said the Gold Top was never used and just sat around collecting dust. I gave him the money and ran out the door before he changed his mind. The P90's sound great. Can't wait to get my Bassman 10 working to hear it through a tube amp. I've had a few Classic's & Standard's over the years which were all good guitars, but never had one with P90's. And the neck is really smooth and fast.

Mike

Goldtops are sweet! Mine didn't have P90's (Gibson Classic), but there's just something about 'em. I did have a P90 solidbody (L.P. Doublecut copy), and kick myself for getting rid of it, it sounded really nice. My only complaint about Epi's version is they really need to get away from the metalflake paint on them, jeez, a Goldies Blingy enough without it. I want one...

Archived