Gibson Brands Forums

Which Bigsby ?

Hooligan

Got an 05" Epi Les Paul that I would love to install a Bigsby but there are so many. Is there a direct fit where I won't have to do any drilling? Drilling is a deal killer........

Thanks in advance

Awesome thanks. I was thinking it was the B5 but the Vibramte was news to me. Thanks again. Now let me ask aother question. I bought the Epiphone hard shell case for the LP. You think my guitar will fit with that thing sittin on ?

A couple of options, but neither one of these is cheap:

Vibramate - take out your stop tailpiece and bolt this to it and then mount a B5 to it. No holes to drill (about $150 for the Vibramate and $100 for the B5, won't work with a B50).

Stetsbar - Take out bridge and stop tailpiece. The unit mounts to the four hole. No holes to drill (about $300). I have one of these on my Gibson Les Paul and it works great.

Vibramate - take out your stop tailpiece and bolt this to it and then mount a B5 to it. No holes to drill (about $150 for the Vibramate and $100 for the B5' date=' won't work with a B50).[/quote']

The Vibramate is only about $60... I've seen them at Allparts, and you can buy them direct from the company.

The Vibramate is only about $60... I've seen them at Allparts' date=' and you can buy them direct from the company.[/quote']

Really, they have come down considerably since I was looking into getting one about a year ago. That's not bad then.

Will my LP with the bigsby installed fit in my Epiphone case?

Yeah the Bigsby will fit in your case. Just turn the handle down so it points to the end pin on your guitar.

Awesome...............

We play a song that has a little lick in it the song writers play with a Gretsch with a bigsby. I sculpted a sound on my X3 Live that matches the tone but I tried using my Wah but that was really hard so I'll save my pennies. Thanks for the help guys.

Archived