Gibson Brands Forums

Riviera??

ant7629

Hey guys

Anyone any idea where I can get my hands on a Riviera? I am seriously gassing for one after watching one on ebay go because I didn't bid high enough.

I called a place in Germany who said they could order me one in, but it would take until the end of November. Plus, I thought they had been discontinued....++

Thanks

Well, the mini HB versions are rarer than hen's teeth even here in the states. I know there is at least one member that has one that is to die for. I bought a mint standard Riviera off Craigslit a few months ago for very reasonable $$, so they are around, you just need to be patient and keep trolling I think:

P1010703640.jpg

But the P93s are in current production, just not being distributed in Europe although I know at least two forum members have managed to get them across the pond without damage. Perhaps they will chime in here?

Thanks Brian. That's a real beauty you have there! I am completely in love with those tailpieces.

I like the P93 version too, its just that the mini-bucker version would be my first choice. I wish I had gone the extra mile and bought the one I saw on ebay now:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/epiphone-RIVIERA-semi-acoustic-electric-guitar-Cherry_W0QQitemZ180418128243QQcmdZViewItem#ht_10443wt_1167

i think the standard and elitist versions or the mini hummed riviera are equally (un)common. somewhat more common (but still not common) would be an elitist sheraton, which is kinda the same thing. you're looking for a six string and not a 12er, right? because, for whatever reason, the 12ers seem much more common.

i think the standard and elitist versions or the mini hummed riviera are equally (un)common. somewhat more common (but still not common) would be an elitist sheraton' date=' which is kinda the same thing. you're looking for a six string and not a 12er, right? because, for whatever reason, the 12ers seem much more common.[/quote']

Yeah, it would have to be a six string. I love 12 stringers, but I already own a couple and they can kinda limit your playing....

Archived