Gibson Brands Forums

My '98 Sheraton

Strumbone

I've recently purchased an older Sheraton off Ebay and found this forum, so excuse my excitement. You guys see these all day, every day, but this is my first semi hollow, and the sound is impressive (to me) through my home built tube amp. Of course, I will be contacting Twang for some new tuners (OEM's seem to slip), pots, pickups, etc. As you can see, the original owner has changed out the bridge pup, but the original is included. He also removed, but included the pickguard...I tried it installed for five minutes, then removed it again. The instrument came with round 11's, but I removed these, cleaned up the neck and frets, then installed nickel plated round 10's. After they stretch overnight, I'll see to the intonation, neck relief, etc. tomorrow. I haven't fully researched yet, but it seems to be Korean made in 1998, with what appears to be a plastic nut. Here's some pics: (Enjoy) [cool]

Incase.jpg

Front-body.jpg

Neck-nut.jpg

Front-headstock.jpg

Rear-headstock.jpg

Neck-heel-back.jpg

More photos are available here:

Epiphone Sheraton

Love It !!! #-o

Sherris are hard to beat for tone AND playability........

Since I've gotten the Blackstar HT5 tube head, and paired it with a 12" Fender/Jensen cab, I've been literally wearing my Sheraton OUT.

I have a GLP, 2 ELPs, an Agile LP, a G400,Flying-V, Tele, etc. etc., but that Semi hollow sweetness through those tubes just gives a special tone for whatever reason.

I KNOW you're going to LOVE your new (to you) Sherri..........out of curiousity, what sort of "home built" tube amp will you be pushing with it?

Inquiring minds want to know..................

Love It !!! [love]

Sherris are hard to beat for tone AND playability........

Since I've gotten the Blackstar HT5 tube head' date=' and paired it with a 12" Fender/Jensen cab, I've been literally wearing my Sheraton OUT.

I have a GLP, 2 ELPs, an Agile LP, a G400,Flying-V, Tele, etc. etc., but that Semi hollow sweetness through those tubes just gives a special tone for whatever reason.

I KNOW you're going to LOVE your new (to you) Sherri..........out of curiousity, what sort of "home built" tube amp will you be pushing with it?

Inquiring minds want to know..................[/quote']

Bender, the amp is a Hi-Octane from the ax84.com site. I'm running through a single 12" vintage celestion clone. It's still a work in progress while I'm working on a head enclosure, but pics are available here:

Hi-Octane

Nice guitar, I had one of those once upon a time. I don't think the one you have was used much as the gold looks to be in good shape on the stop bar. My plating came undone rather quickly and you can see it fading (especially on the bridge pu) a little on this picture here:

oldsheraton2.jpg?t=1258208161

Congrats and good luck with that beauty!

Thanks! I see your pick guard doesn't have the stick on, but is embedded. Cool! [love]

I've played acoustic for the last 35 years, so I'm pretty heavy-handed now that I've gotten back into electrics. I have to admit though, when I plug the Sherry into my tube amp and dial in a little gain (dirt)...aaaahhhhhh! What bliss! Of course, it sounds pretty good clean too!

I appreciate the compliments fellas, and I'll let you hear it if I can find time to cut some tracks.

Oh wow, lol I didn’t Even realize that! I sold that guitar on ebay back in 2002 so it has been a long time. At that time my interest in the guitar had waned and I wasn't playing much. I missed her a lot and when I started looking at guitars on the internet and getting back into playing I checked out Epiphone's website. It was there that I learned of the Elitist series and they had a Sheraton. I desperately wanted another Sherry so I called my local dealer and they had an Elitist Sheraton in Natural in Stock. 1199 sticker price was far below the 1600 at Musicians Friend so I snatched it up. That is still one of my Fav's in the collection. The Elitist:

sheraton1-1.jpg?t=1258210046

sheraton2.jpg?t=1258210069

Archived