Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone... go:

pohatu771

Gibson has introduced an almost-reissue of a guitar I'm quite fond of. Of course, it's about five times what I can pay for it, so could Epiphone hurry up and introduce their version?

With the proper neck pickup, too... not just a P-90.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Custom-Special-Order-1955-Les-Paul-Custom-Wraptail-Electric-Guitar?sku=584507

I don't know but it seems to me that Gibson is too hung up on the past and old designs, not that they are bad but what about 21st century designs besides a reverse V or the shark. It would seem to me that this philosophy restricts growth and potential buyers. it would be nice to see some innovation. Just my humble opinion.

I don't know but it seems to me that Gibson is too hung up on the past and old designs' date=' not that they are bad but what about 21st century designs besides a reverse V or the shark. It would seem to me that this philosophy restricts growth and potential buyers. it would be nice to see some innovation. Just my humble opinion.[/quote']

So the robots, the darkfire, the digital LP, the midi LP are all old designs harking back to the good old days? :-s

So the robots' date=' the darkfire, the digital LP, the midi LP are all old designs harking back to the good old days? :-s[/quote']

No. They're just overpriced marketing BS. They only one remotely useful is the midi LP. The 6DX.87 whatever the hell kinda gobbledy-gook name they gave it. But it's still on the order of $6K IIRC.

Archived