Gibson Brands Forums

Got A Problem w/ new SG-400- Need Advice !!

oscardelgato

I received my new Epiphone SG-400 today. It looked beautiful but it had a string buzz on the D string. Not a fret buzz, mind you. I tried adjusting the saddle but to no avail. I finally had to adjust the truss rod ( which I did not want to mess with) and I got it close to bearable. Has anyone else had this problem? Also was filling out the warranty when it asked about the product code. Where can I find that on the guitar? I hate to ask you my friends cause I am in a world of hurt here. But I know someone out there can help me with these problems. So I will thank you in advance. Love to everybody- Peace. God bless you all.

Hi Oscar and welcome.

Have to ask, why are you hurting?

Epiphones do not arrived professionally set-up, therefore, having to make a neck adjustment would not be ruled out.

The product code would be on the sticker that is on the Epiphone box that the guitar came in. If you got this from a store and they didn't give you the box, call them to get the code from another box.

It's probaly something like EPISG400.

Congrats on the guitar. You will love her.

Sheila

If you got this from a store and they didn't give you the box' date=' call them to get the code from another box.

[/quote']

That's what I did when I bought my G400 from Guitar Center.

I just called the store, asked them. I had it in less than a minute.

Can the store fix it for you or did you get it mail order? If the latter is the case you could take it to a good local shop for a set up or, better still, learn how to do it yourself. The book How to make your electric guitar play great by Dan Erlewine is excellent.

Alan

I received my new Epiphone SG-400 today. It looked beautiful but it had a string buzz on the D string. Not a fret buzz' date=' mind you. I tried adjusting the saddle but to no avail. I finally had to adjust the truss rod ( which I did not want to mess with) and I got it close to bearable. Has anyone else had this problem? Also was filling out the warranty when it asked about the product code. Where can I find that on the guitar? I hate to ask you my friends cause I am in a world of hurt here. But I know someone out there can help me with these problems. So I will thank you in advance. Love to everybody- Peace. God bless you all.[/quote']

I hate to ask a silly question here, but have you changed the strings yet? if not, do that right away, as the stockers are the cheapest pieces of junk that could be bought in bulk.

I finally had to adjust the truss rod ( which I did not want to mess with) and I got it close to bearable. Has anyone else had this problem?

That's part of the proper maintenance of a guitar.

Depending on humidity-levels(fluctuating between seasons) I have to set up my guitars a minimum of twice a year. I don't do a complete setup since I'm not a gigging pro and lazy to boot, but I'd say a twist to the trussrod is the bare minimum requirement.

Archived