Gibson Brands Forums

HNUGD! Finally found one of these....

lpfan

I have been trying to find an Epi SG Jr. with a P90 for a long time and I finally got lucky. Its been played thats for sure but it gives it some mojo I suppose. I haven't hooked it up to an amp yet but I'll try it tomorrow. Anyway here is the newest member. Sorry the focus is off, I couldn't find my wifes camera so I had to use the spare. Its seen better days. Anyway here you go:

DSCF4833.jpg

And here is both of m SG's:

DSCF4835.jpg

I'll get them cleaned up tomorrow and I will post some nicer pics with my wifes camera.

The P90 SG Jr is next on my list' date=' how much was it?[/quote']

The guy wanted $100 for it but I got it for $80. I told him that it was pretty banged up to be asking $100 for it. I'm considering stripping the body and refinishing it.

Sweet! How's the neck feel? Is the the thicker profile?

Actually the neck on the faded SG feels better. The SG with the p90 has the bolt on neck too, not a setneck like my other SG. The SG Jr. is a cheap guitar but it has some attitude and I like it. I need to do a real good setup on it and adjust the neck. The only thing it needs is better tuners nd a new set of strings. For $80 bucks, I can't complain. Its a cool guitar and they aresorta hard to find.

Congratulations lpfan! Welcome to the Epi SG Jr. Club. Yeah, put some new tuners on it for sure. That looks like it might be a new nut someone put on it. Is it?

After some new Gotoh tuners, and a Tusq nut, my Jr. is a fun guitar to play.

Have fun fixing your's up! And then have fun blasting that P-90! [-(

Archived