Gibson Brands Forums

Good Deal?

newbie101

Well this is my first post. I've been playing guitar for just over a year. I have a Yamaha Acoustic (what I started on) and a cheaper Squier Strat. I'm looking into getting a Epi Les Paul and don't know anything about them so hence why I joined. I like to play, or at least try to play, pretty much anything if it sounds good (blues, rock, classic etc. . .)

I found someone who is selling his 2004 Epi Les Paul Standard (Transparent Amber color) for $350. It's in great condition with no noticeable wear and it still works (obviously). Now is this a good deal or would I be getting hosed?

Hmmm, if you could FIND one at $300!

$350 for a used Epi Standard, great physical condition (as you stated) and going with the assumption that you love it, sounds like a good deal to me.

Enjoy!

Sheila

Thanks for the input guys. As far as I know it only comes with a gig bag, which doesn't bother me since I don't play shows or anything and the only time it's in the case is when I'm driving home from college. I offered him $300 and hopefully he'll meet my price or somewhere in the middle. His ad has been up for about a month so I'm guessing he might be getting desperate to sell.

I found someone who is selling his 2004 Epi Les Paul Standard (Transparent Amber color) for $350. It's in great condition with no noticeable wear and it still works (obviously). Now is this a good deal or would I be getting hosed?

It isn't too much money to pay if the guitar is in great shape and if it really suits you. As long as you plan to keep it then $350 is ok I reckon.

StewartB

Guest icantbuyafender

I do love trans-amber...

And I did pay $320 for the trans-black 2001 LP classic in my avatar. It was in as close to mint as you can get since it was in storage 7 years.

If you can see it in person and can squeeze him for closer to 300 then I say do it!

Show us a pic!

Well I got an e-mail back from him saying he's pretty firm on the $350 mark, so I bumped up to $325 hoping he'll take that. I would've paid $350 if it came with a hard case but it only comes with a gig bag and nothing else, no stand nothing. So IMO $325 seems like a pretty fair price. I'll let you guys know what happens and post pics if I do end up buying it.

Well I bought it. Ended up paying $350 but he threw in a delay pedal too. Someone else apparently was offering him what he was asking but since I had talked to him first he said if I came up to $350 I could get it. It looks like it's brand new with no scratches or damage at all. It just has a bit of dust and stuff but thats easy to clean off. I'm taking it to the local shop to have them check it out to make sure nothing is wrong. But I plugged it in and both pickups, knobs and switch work so thats a good sign. I'll post pictures once I get back

Hey it is, along with my other 2 guitars (Squier Affinity Strat, Yamaha Acoustic). The pedal you can kinda see, its somewhat old but not 80's. The Pedal is a DOD DFX9. It's kinda old and is missing the battery cover but it works. All I need to do now is buy a hard case for the LP. DSC00067.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

I'd say you did WELL!!!! Love the color/grain, trap inlays!

Take care of it!!!!!! 'Course, I'm a bit prejudiced - Bought

a similar-looking 2006 LP Classic for $300 + $25.00 shipping

off Ebay.

Welcome to the Forum! (Nice git, AGAIN!)

100_0495.jpg

Looks as though you ended up with a good deal on the Epi!

Lovely looker with that curly maple deck and the soft amber burst but the quilted maple is the one that makes me go weak at the knees! I'm a sucker for figured wood!

Enjoy!

Archived