Gibson Brands Forums

You want to be Jimmy Page? Here you go then!

Albannach

"Jimmy Paige"? Was he in the Yardbards which also featured Jeff Buck & Eric Claptin?

I preferred Pete Townsend (sp?)' date=' innovative songwriting & guiitar playing over slick guitar cliches, anyday. [/quote']

Not to forget John Mail and Peter Grin...

"Jimmy Paige"? Was he in the Yardbards which also featured Jeff Buck & Eric Claptin?

I preferred Pete Townsend (sp?)' date=' innovative songwriting & guiitar playing over slick guitar cliches, anyday.

My favourite combo is Bruce Springstein, Neil Lofgrin & Steve Van Zant.

And the Chinese Canadian Neil Yung.

I believe Robbie Robinson played with The Banned.[/quote']

Not to forget John Mail and Peter Grin...

..................and I suppose Peter Groin of Fleetwood Macy's would be jamming with Gory Gallagher of Toast?

Jeez! I must watch my spelling!

Mind you, it still looks the part though!

So are all modern piano soundboards' date=' I think, 3 way ply, if I'm not mistaken.

it is advantageous to construct a three-ply soundboard wherein the top and bottom plies are of substantially equal thickness and wherein the center ply is of greater thickness than the sum of the thicknesses of these outer plies. Additionally, the grains of the outerplies are aligned in parallel with one another while the grain of the center or core ply is aligned at right angles to the grains of the two outer plies.

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/4391177/description.html

[img']http://images.gibson.com/Files/44caa865-b5c8-4c89-9517-0eda0bc4a860.jpg[/img]

I absolutly hate the finish on the zoot suite sg, its the most horrid finish.

EDIT: actually its so bad you could almost say it isnt finished

Guest icantbuyafender
zoot suit is all in all a horrid guitar

Its a cool concept, using dyed woods for the color.

Would be better if they were just ONE color...

I don't like the "Clown Burst" Zoot Suits, but the other colors aren't that bad. But, I'll be damned if I'm going to spend $1,000 on a plywood guitar, Gibson, Epiphone or other.[biggrin] I'd MAYBE put down $500 on a Zoot Suit or an Epi 1275, but for over a grand I want some real wood.

Since when wasn't laminate real wood? Most ES Guitars have a laminated maple top. Just because its laminate doesn't make it inferior.

You're right they're not 'inferior.'

The Epi 1275 is "Mystery Ply-wood", at least I know the Zoot Suits are Poplar.

I'm not interested in the full hollow guitars, and the 335 has a SOLID block down the center. I only paid $700 for my Elitist 335. I'm just not dropping a grand for a guitar that's full of glue. Glue isn't a tone wood.

Archived