Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD!!! My first Epi =D

tpurgatoryt

Well here is my first epi, a Epiphone Sg G-310, sure its not a G-400 but this guitar is still quite good, ah who am i kidding, ITS FANTASTIC!

Its an Ebony G-310 with stock humbuckers, wich i beleive to be 650R/700T designed in usa. (if there not tell me what they are?)

a real nice neck, all the frets are perfect, the headstock is great, the tuners a pretty damn good, but only time and wear and tear shall see how they handle.

I was meant to be buying a Epi Les Paul GT special 2 but i went into the store today only to be told their last one was sold last night, Oh man was I shattered at the thought of leaving empty handed. I looked around the Epi section 'cause from what i've seen and heard Epis the brand to go with if you want bang for ur buck, and thats for sure. So i was looking around and most of it just jumped out of my price range for the day, seeing as i had enough for the GT and a set-up.

But then a Cherry Red SG caught my eye, I saw that it was an astonishing $299 (australian dollers) and I thought well I should get this, I then saw a ebony version of the 310 and I thought i'd much rather that one, but it was $450, too much, to cut a long story short, cause I had cash in hand he (the salesman, duh) cut the price of the Ebony G-310 down to the Cherry G-310's price, so I got a $450 guitar for $299, what a great bargan for a great guitar. shes all setup and restrung with slinky's 9-46..or is it 8-46..I can't remember.

BUT unfortunatly for me shes a bit hard to play cause only about 3 hours ago i sliced through my pointer finger on a very sharp piece of steele, but i had to play her anyway (after going to the doctors and getting the wound glued back together) and i must say she sounds beautiful.

Here are some pics, the qaulity aint great cause the camera is mediocre but you get the idea.

Picture034.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Picture032-1.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Congrats!

Play it 'till your fingers bleed!

:-

Peter

funny thing is my fingers have bled enough tonight =|

when i sliced it on the steele, i near black out, it was horrible haha.

Thanks all, i am and shall enjoy this beauty

Every time someone comes to the forum with a new SG' date=' I get

a serious case of GAS. Something about them just calls to me.

I've never owned one. Maybe it's time.[/quote']

the G-310 is a seriously nice guitar, feels great and souds really nice.

I can only imagine the G-400 is like piece of art.

NICE! I always loved the SG, Tony Iommi is my all-time favorite guitarist.

*speaking of Iommi and finger injuries, you should get some rubber thimbles like he uses because he chopped off the tips of two of his fingers on his fretting hand right before recording the first album.

Archived