Gibson Brands Forums

She's Got to GO!

SamBooka

I bought this guitar new in 93.

17 years is long enough to know if you are or are not going to bond with it.

So she is going on CL and hopefully trade towards a Marshall Class 5, AC4 or other tubey goodness.

Otherwise I want cash [biggrin]

Problem is, I dont know what fair price is for this. I searched completed auctions on ebay and didnt find anything that matches it (it is NOT a rare guitar.. it is a 92 Epi from Samick LP). The pickups a StewMac Golden Age.. otherwise all stock. Dings and scratches but otherwise in VG shape.Everest Hard Case included.

What do you consider a fair price?

100_7200L.jpg

I saw one at GC Matthews NC, it's there right now, they are asking $299 for it.

It's located in the Amp Room.

Yours is much nicer by far due to the top.

The other one was a plus top, but it was a faux quilt top/birdseye and barely visible. Not a very good looker.

Yours is by far a better looking guitar....though it is the exact same color.

They are.. when I bought the guitar I first realised you can tell if a guitar is a Gibson even if you cant see the headstock :) Of course back then we didnt have to worry about chinese copies so it was purely an academic exercise.

I bought this guitar new in 93.

17 years is long enough to know if you are or are not going to bond with it.

So she is going on CL and hopefully trade towards a Marshall Class 5' date=' AC4 or other tubey goodness.

Otherwise I want cash :-

Problem is, I dont know what fair price is for this. I searched completed auctions on ebay and didnt find anything that matches it (it is NOT a rare guitar.. it is a 92 Epi from Samick LP). The pickups a StewMac Golden Age.. otherwise all stock. Dings and scratches but otherwise in VG shape.Everest Hard Case included.

What do you consider a fair price?

[img']http://frickin.ca/images/100_7200L.jpg[/img]

Out of curiosity, why do three strings go through the tailpiece while the other three go over it? Are there benefits to stringing it this way?

And how goes the sale?

Thanks.

My boss has had it for about a year now. He will bring it in in a couple of weeks.

Hate to break it to you guys but I am only selling this guy local (and a buddy of mine wants first dibs)

I am glad I got the interest tho :). It is a great looking guitar but I just never bonded with it and it has a thin fast neck.

I am slow and fat and like my necks to be the same.

Cheers

Drew

Thanks.

My boss has had it for about a year now. He will bring it in in a couple of weeks.

Hate to break it to you guys but I am only selling this guy local (and a buddy of mine wants first dibs)

I am glad I got the interest tho :). It is a great looking guitar but I just never bonded with it and it has a thin fast neck.

I am slow and fat and like my necks to be the same.

Cheers

Drew

Well if it doesn't sell locally I'd be interested. Obviously I would pay the shipping to Ontario.

Archived