Gibson Brands Forums

epiphone les paul standard ltd edition in desert burst

suggy

can anyone tell me if the epiphone les paul standard ltd edition in desert burst comes with a pick gaurd or scratch plate please? as all the pictures on line do not show one

If the picture doesn't show a pick guard the guitar will most likely come without it. Many "non-historic" Gibson/Epiphone Les Pauls don't have a pick guard. Here's another picture:

http://www.musicstore.de:80/en_EN/GBP/Guitars/Electric-guitars/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Plus-Top-DB-Limited-Desertburst/art-GIT0017663-000

I agree, suggy ... go to the source!

I will say that the picture on the site, while not exactly clear when zoomed in, does not seem to indicate a hole for the pickguard screw. That doesn't mean it would come without a pickguard, but it would mean that you'll be drilling your own holes in the body to install it if you want one.

Welcome!

Jim

I Just got mine last week, from Musician's friend. And mine came with a Pick guard, with amber knobs. I replaced the knobs with Black speed knobs 5 min after pulling it out of the box. Mine was perfect. I'm very picky with finish and such. I just like the way the black speed knobs go with the black trim. Also the setup was not bad. But I always use 10-46 strings, so I put new strings on it, and adjusted the action and intonation. Now I'm pretty much loving my purchase. The Pic on the Left, is Right out of the Box. The one on the Right, is after Playing it, removing the Stickers and installing the speed knobs. Of course I'm in USA. I know I have seen pics of it without the pick guard. But I'm almost sure you would get What I have no matter where you order it from. Hope this helps. Plus I just had to show it off. Thanks

Later Milo

epi1n.jpgepi2l.jpg

Super nice' date=' but I just think the black plastics look weird with the cream binding....[/quote']

-Same here. I would have left the original knobs on or got amber speed knobs then replaced the 'guard with a cream one. Either way, that is one sweet guitar.

L8R,

Matt

I prefer the black guard and speed knobs because of the gold hardware.

It looks like a custom plus now.

I think the cream binding is OK with black because the colour of the burst blends well with the cream.

Custom plus:

EPIPHONE+LES+PAUL+CUSTOM+FM.JPG

Thanks for all the replys, I emailed epiphone and the told me the picture was issued by them in error and the guitar does have a black pick guard. So I am buying the guitar today.

Cheers again

Suggy

Suggy --- Milo, superb choices gentlemen! Lots of LP lovers here... welcome to the forum, playerz!

Which factory is producing this LE model LP? Photos indicate nice workmanship.

Hitting every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm still playing on:-"

Milo here, mine was also made in Qingdao (China). And yes I think the workmanship on this LP is super for the price. The frets are smooth, and

as I said in my first post. I adjusted the action and intoniation, only because I use certain strings. I have low action with no fret buss. I did not check the intonation, but did have to adjust it after changing strings.

Anyway I can't put the damn thing down. But that's a good thing.

Later Miles

Archived