Gibson Brands Forums

Who kept the stock dot pickups ?

Scotland

Just wondered if anyone has kept them instead of changing to different ones. I played mine last weekend at a gig and thought the stock pickups were good.

I was going to replace my Dot Studio rear pickup with an ancient PAF that I hand wound. But I'm like' date=' you the stock humbukers are pretty good.

I'm playing through a Roland Cube 30X and it instanty it produced a pretty good Vox sound!

There was a time that I considered not replacing stock ptck-ups and playing a solid state 30watt amp blasphemy ! [crying

Legs (of Scottish ancestory)

I kept the stock pick-ups in my Dot, I think they are the same as the ones in my LP - I do think they suit the Dot more than the LP.

And a hello from the south of the country!

Och aye the noo

7C

I kept the stock pick-ups in my Dot' date=' I think they are the same as the ones in my LP - I do think they suit the Dot more than the LP.

Och aye the noo

7C[/quote']

Hoots mon. lol

I have very seldom kept stock pickups in any guitar I have owned but I think I'm going to keep this one stock. I will change the switch and the pots though, they are very flimsy.

I replaced the neck HBer on my 06 Joe Pass and it wasn't because it sounded bad,

I just wanted a P90 growl.

The bridge HB will remain stock & really adds some range combining or switching with

the GFS Mean90.

I personally don't mind the Epi Humbuckers, and I do like to add some range by mixing

a dual PU guitar.

Ya can blame Eddie Cochran or Charlie Christian for that sentiment, but you have to show some respect to GFS

for making a P-90 disquised as a gold HBer. (A perfect drop-in looking just like stock).[cool]

I kept the stock pick-ups in my Dot' date=' I think they are the same as the ones in my LP - I do think they suit the Dot more than the LP.

Och aye the noo

7C[/quote']

+1

I kept the ones in my Dot Studio. I love 'em, no need to replace. I think the same pups were in my Goth Les Paul studio, but I replaced them with Bill Lawrence L-500's.

Hey scotland, I changed my dot stock pickups to Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59s after a few months. I use the neck pickup alot and found the stockers a bit to muddy for my tastes (no offense to the guys who love there stock PUs).

Cheers, Scott.

funny thing..i just was playing my dot and, was taking a break when i logged on here to see whats up. i kept my stock pickups on mine. i like the sound of them when running thru my fender deluxe reverb amp. or my fender vibro champ amp. (which is the one im using today) i usually run the guitar clean but, like today, im running on position 13 on the vibro champ which is a nice distortion position. but, i mainly play clean stragiht thru the amp. the only issue with my dot is the tone pots have little scratchy sound when rolling them but, for now, its not a problem for me. i really love my dot. i have a new american deluxe ash body stratocaster also that is wonderful to play and, sounds excellent but, i find myself going for the dot when im getting my playing on lol.

Mine are stock ... at least for now. :-({|=

There are better uses for my money. The stock pickups are not bad.

rdsmith3' date='

What you say below is what I'm hoping for when I pass into Glory. He'll say, "Now here's the

way you do it son."

The Lord will save me,

and we will play my music on stringed instruments

all the days of our lives,

at the house of the Lord.

Isaiah 38:20

Sing to him a new song;

[u']play skillfully on the strings[/u], with loud shouts.

Psalm 33:3

Greetings Fellow Dot Lovers, I too kept the stock pups on my Cherry-flavored guitar. I totally dig the sounds that come flying out of my Vox Pathfinder 15r amp. I may have to also change out the insides but I can wait, till they start giving me trouble. My step-brother also has an ebony dot (made in Korea) and he is the person responsible for my selection in guitars. My guitar comes from China but ever since I got it, all I did is lower the action and adjusted the truss rod. Since then I play it every night. I love the sound of this guitar. I do wish the neck was thinner but it does`nt matter anymore. I got used to it pretty quick. This guitar will remain stock as long as it does`nt give me problems. Good luck to everyone on this forum who has an Epiphone guitar. Peace.

Archived