Gibson Brands Forums

Cruzn'

Californiaman

We're all waiting anxiously for those great photographs Cruzn.

Eight-foot-tall trees?

Must be some good compost you're using.

I gotta get a new card for my camera today, Todd, I'll post some this afternoon if I can. That new irrigation system I installed is the shiznits! Even Mrs. Cruzn's veggie patch is bigger and greener than ever.

We're all waiting anxiously for those great photographs Cruzn.

Eight-foot-tall trees?

Must be some good compost you're using.

Dayum, it's been so busy I disremembered the pics! Here's one for ya. That third row of netting is about 6' high. We had such strange spring weather it delayed our going outside for almost a month past last year's set-out date. We have a relatively short gardening season as it is, so this year's particularly short, making for slightly smaller plants than last year's. Different genetics, too. That's a Blockhead on my left and Chronic Widow on my right. And a big ol' Lucy-bum in the foreground.

ProudPapa.jpg

*averts eyes*

So, Cruzn, I guess you're doing well?

If you had asked me, back when I thought I would never see 21, what I wanted to be doing when I was this age, this is exactly what I would have described; living in the mountains with a good woman, a good dog, an inexhaustible supply of stash and tunes. I'm ready. [thumbup]

Cuttings that I took in February. I haven't planted seeds in over 20 years.

Still... that's a lot of growth! we've done cuttings of a number of other plants, and none of them have taken off like that! Pretty cool.

EDIT: Heh - "a number of other plants" = roses, box shrubs, ivy, and forsythia. Nothing medicinal or rope-building. [rolleyes] Which was partly why I was curious about how Cruzin's plants grow. It's like the same sport, but with a different goal. B)

This may sound odd to some younger guys, but...

I'm not at all into that sort of vegetation personally.

But Dennis is to be envied and in ways emulated by younger folks not for the vegetation or living in the mountains or any of the particulars, but because he's managed to find and build a life and lifestyle that he wants and enjoys.

It's not mine, wouldn't fit my personal ideal lifestyle in a lotta ways (although it does in others), but it's his and it works. Not everyone can make that kind of claim.

I'd say that finding your own life and happiness is what it's all about, and "Cruzn" seems definitely to be one who's managed to make it happen. Good on him...

m

The Chronic Widow looks good as does the Blockhead.

From the looks of it, the widow has a slight white sheen to it and the BH seems like some big ol' heavy bud.

I always love garden pictures.

Maybe I'll post some of my garden.

Good spot, Todd. The Chronic is so heavily crystalized by harvest that the stuff starts falling off of it before it's even fully dried. Naturally it's great for making "other medicinals" that require large quantites of trichomes. Buckethead...I mean Blockhead is the stinkiest of our current genetics...smells like you stepped in something the dog pushed out...delicioso!! B)

Archived