Gibson Brands Forums

So I realized...

Silenced Fred

Sweet, think how awesome it would be to pay for a slick new guitar with f'real gig money!

Then you'll have a story to tell about how you got that particular axe. Good luck dude

I hope so. I think we honestly have a chance to make some money... at least I hope so.

I certainly don't need any more.

In fact I've cut down the herd somewhat since I've grown older...

I could get along with just one of mine, in all honesty (my R0). It gets 90%-plus of the play-time as it is. Simply put; it just sounds magnificent.

Two others get some excercise on a daily basis but only because I have them and they are very fine instruments to play. One is actually slightly nicer to play than the R0. I don't really need them, however.

I've a few that I'd never, ever miss even if I lived to be 100. A further two that I never, ever play.

Yet somehow I keep on going in to shops and trying more of them out with genuine intent. There's one I've got half-an-eye on at the moment...

Funny, huh?

:-k

... I'm hoping to start gigging real soon, putting the finishing touches on some songs, then we are gonna start playing shows...

Best of luck and keep us posted!

I certainly don't need any more.

In fact I've cut down the herd somewhat since I've grown older...

I could get along with just one of mine, in all honesty (my R0). It gets 90%-plus of the play-time as it is. Simply put; it just sounds magnificent.

Two others get some excercise on a daily basis but only because I have them and they are very fine instruments to play. One is actually slightly nicer to play than the R0. I don't really need them, however.

I've a few that I'd never, ever miss even if I lived to be 100. A further two that I never, ever play.

Yet somehow I keep on going in to shops and trying more of them out with genuine intent. There's one I've got half-an-eye on at the moment...

Funny, huh?

:-k

Nobody needs more than one. I want to set one up for slide, and use a hollowbody for different sounds

Yes. Of course if one is gigging it's a whole different story.

An acoustic or electric-acoustic; a solid-body (or two for different 'voicings'); a semi-; and spares of all of them just to be on the safe side...

I used to use that very reasoning in my playing-days! What a hoot; I always had at least three Strats, for instance...even if I was just the backing guitar for a mate down the local pub!

Ahh. Happy Days!

I've been interested in the 339 since it was first introduced.I figured it was a temporary gas pain,but its still there.I may go for one of those next myself.

I really dig it. That, and a Gretsch Anniversary Junior have subsided all of my GAS for another LP or solid body...

I posted this over at MLP but for those that didn't see it... I emailed Randy Parsons about turning a single cutaway Gretsch into a dual cutaway, and some other mods, I found out it will cost 2,000... I plan on doing that much later in life, but still, not too terrible for 3500 for a completely customized guitar exactly how I want it. I mean, don't get me wrong, I almost fell of a chair when I read the price, but people are spending almost double that for an R9

The 339 is killer though, you can get almost any sound out of it

Former Texas senator Phil Gramm when asked how many guns he had...

"More than I need but not as many as I want".

It matters not whether you make money with them.

I guess, but I don't want to be dumping money in guitars. I want the guitars to be dumping money into me [biggrin]

Archived