Gibson Brands Forums

NEW GUITAR DAY!!

guitargreg1993

Hey everyone, on Tuesday I took a trip to Guitar Center (sorry Neo) and I got me a new acoustic guitar!! In addition I got a chance to play a Les Paul through a Marshall stack and a Mesa-Boogie Triple Rectifier stack.... pure bliss!! It was my first time playing a real Les Paul and it truly was the most amazing feeling in the world, especially plugging into that Triple Rec 150-watt full stack.... [drool]

Anyway, the guitar is an Ibanez Exotic Wood series acoustic. It is the quilted ash model. My original intention was to get the Spalted Mango or Quilted Bubinga model, but alas they had none in stock.... but as soon as I saw this one, I fell in love with it. I played it for about 10 minutes and it sounded as good as it looked. So I had to get it [biggrin]

On a completely unrelated note, the new Fishman SA220 Solo Performance acoustic amp sounds incredible. Anyway, here's some pics:

DSC_5807.jpg

DSC_5790.jpg

DSC_5791.jpg

DSC_5800.jpg

DSC_5792.jpg

DSC_5809-1.jpg

DSC_5810.jpg

And here is a pic of me playing it.... and my little sheltie Hailey is watching me too... she thinks I'm actually good at playing the guitar, which i like lol [thumbup]

DSC_5812.jpg

thanks everyone!! and pippy, i honestly have no idea... it seems pretty deep to me, but ive never owned an acoustic before so i dont know what "normal" depth would be. the official specs say it's 5 inches deep... so idk if thats deeper than most other acoustics... but i dont really mind the depth cuz i dont have any problem playing it [biggrin]

My son's guitar teacher had one...and so a few years ago, I bought my son one just like it. If it's good enough for the professional musician...it's good enough for the student. Best $400 (or less) I've spent. Sounds very nice at any price. My nephew got one this past Christmas too....on my recommendation. A great starter guitar that's sure to please.

Archived