Gibson Brands Forums

Classic Sci Fi Poll

Artie Owl

Don't Make me Decide!!!

I Like Star Wars, Star Trek TOS, TNG, and TAS (how's that for nerdy?) all about the same. Depends on my Mood and what I'n doing. If I'm working ont he Computer and want something on the tele, I'll put on Star Trek. If I feel like sitting and watching I'll usually put on Star Wars or one of the Star Trek movies (KAAAAHHHHN!)and yes, I have them all on DVD. [scared]

P.S. Can't stand Deep Space 9 or Voyager. If it ain't Gene Roddenberry, it ain't Star Trek.

Definitely Star Wars. Too many memories form my childhood not to be. I have seen those movies so many times. That and all the toys I had. A lot of money lost from selling those in garage sales years ago. I am a Voyager fan however.

Hey guys... I had a Captain Video space helmet. Anybody else remember that show on the old Dumont television network?

Edit: Oops - I guess I should add I'm talking the early 1950s. A friend had a Captain Video uniform.

Then there was the competing show, "Tom Corbett and his Space Cadets."

Needless to say "space cadet" was not an insult at that time.

m

Grampa...

You're still young - but old enuf that I agree with you on sci fi most of the time.

The Matrix series, otoh, I think "worked" because it was more of a "this is in your head" thing as opposed to "this is the planet "Beebopaloolah."

m

Destination Moon is one of my favorite Si-Fi movies, and if that's not Classic enough for ya, I've read about 20 Doc Savage novels. The real versions before Golden Books screwed it up in the 70's. I still think Star Wars and Star Trek are Classics [flapper]

Archived