Gibson Brands Forums

Who's gonna get they head cut...?

RB72

Actually, that whole duel was VAi. Ry Cooder played all almost all of Macchios in the movies, except when he's playin an acoustic in the old folks prison and the tele in the Pawn Shop, those were actually Ralph playing.....but the duel was ALL VAI.

Actually, that whole duel was VAi. Ry Cooder played all almost all of Macchios in the movies, except when he's playin an acoustic in the old folks prison and the tele in the Pawn Shop, those were actually Ralph playing.....but the duel was ALL VAI.

Really? I was mistaken then. Still pretty nostalgic. Always liked that first little bit they both play.

That's been one of my Favorite movies since it came out. A little more trivia on the subject, Ralph Macchio learned how to play guitar from the acting coach that showed him where to put his hands and fingers during the shots, and he still owns that Telecaster, which the movie company presented him with at the end of the shoot.

[blush] I love Trivia [blush]

Ry was involved but the man behind this was our own Arlen Roth; he just never got the credit... True story

Really, 'cause I remember a couple years after it came out Vai took credit for the whole thing in Guitar Magazine. Not that he couldn't have Just Taken the credit, but to my ear it sounds like Vai on a Tele (for whatever that's worth).

Hmmm, Looks like Arlen Roth practically wrote and directed the movie. Wonder where all his credit went? As far as I can tell he played some guitar in the movie, but not enough to get in the Rolling Credits. That tells me his parts were cut from the original score. After all, actors that get their parts cut don't get any credit (unless your Harry Carry JR and you've been cut from Rio Bravo, but he was buddies with John Wayne and Howard Hawks so they left him in those credits). But, usually, in Hollywood, if you're left out of the Credits, you've been left out of the movie.

One of the worst movies I ever saw. Hollywoods take on music is cheesy and hokey.

That's nice. I'm sure you only like Quality Movies, not one Stinker in your collection, huh? [rolleyes]

I actually know the guy who made that Charvel guitar that Steve plays in the movie. He owns a guitar shop in my old town and actually made the guitars for the band Ratt as well. And other famous people too, I just can't remember who. :rolleyes: I guess he made the guitar and then during one of the takes for that scene Steve dropped it and the head broke off so he brought it back and my friend had to put it back together again.

He also made two of the three pickups in my Les Paul for me and did all the custom electronics. They sound amazing!

I actually know the guy who made that Charvel guitar that Steve plays in the movie. He owns a guitar shop in my old town and actually made the guitars for the band Ratt as well. And other famous people too, I just can't remember who. :rolleyes: I guess he made the guitar and then during one of the takes for that scene Steve dropped it and the head broke off so he brought it back and my friend had to put it back together again.

He also made two of the three pickups in my Les Paul for me and did all the custom electronics. They sound amazing!

Archived