Gibson Brands Forums

U.S Xbox Live Price Increase

Artie Owl

Ok, Major Nelson announced that the Xbox Live Gold service will be increasing by ten dollars in price come November 1st so anyone looking to renew should do it before then to get your rate of 49.99 instead of the new one at 59.99

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/08/30/price-change-for-xbox-live-gold-subscription.aspx

Anyone not listed on that list (like Canada's 12 month gold membership) are not affected.

Thought I'd warn my fellow members just incase it would impact you.

PC Gaming is where it's at. Of course there are fees for certain games like WOW (which i don't play) but for the most part it's free, better graphics, less lag, and better controls imo. On the other hand, since the console market is larger than the pc market, a lot of games are designed for console than modded for pc unfortunately. Perfect example, Battle Field: Bad Company 2.

PC Gaming is where it's at. Of course there are fees for certain games like WOW (which i don't play) but for the most part it's free, better graphics, less lag, and better controls imo. On the other hand, since the console market is larger than the pc market, a lot of games are designed for console than modded for pc unfortunately. Perfect example, Battle Field: Bad Company 2.

PC gaming is being killed by it's own user base with all the piracy. The argument is frustrating

"I want to play FPS game, but I don't agree with the price tag so I'll burn it, which is much easier to do on the PC"

>Developer "But we make our livelyhood off of the sales of this game. Hundreds and hundreds of musicians, developers, sound engineers, artists, producers and designers spent countless hours designing this product for your enjoyment. The least the consumer can do is respect our work and pay for a game they intend to get hours of enjoyment out of"

"That may be true, but while you think your time is worth that much I don't agree so I won't pay you anything, instead of just not playing the game."

> "So you want to play our game but you don't want to pay us for it because you could get it free instead?"

"Yes"

> "I understand that Xbox live, PSN and Nintendo online BAN consoles for using pirated or illegal software, I think I'll go where the money is in this case."

"That's not FAIR, you can't make games for them and not for us. We want dedicated servers and online voice support that your company has to pay for."

> *Tiny violin plays*

It's frustrating I know, for legitimate PC gamers, but it's true, it's too easy to burn games and thus developers are tired of getting burned. That's how the dreamcast died so fast.

Archived