Gibson Brands Forums

amp rattling?

jrseriel

Let's hope not. The only danger will be if it is deemed overly political, religious or if it comes to tweak Meine Moderator. Then it's outa here! B)

Like; "Please Help Me! I've got a Burg Jerky when I shake my Mar**ret-That**er-in-a-Nun's-outfit blow-up d**l"?

:-k

I had this exact same problem when I bought my 5150 (same amp, just older). I took it back to the store where I bought it, and it turned out to just be a bad tube. They swapped the tube and everything has been fine since. I hope that's all it is with your amp.

SO i bought this peavey 6505+112 tube amp about a week ago and i took it to practice and i had never played it before. Along the car ride i heard rattling of the amp. Something inside the amp was rattling it sounded like something was inside bouncing around the tubes. like when you shake a light bulb. but louder. And when i play it its very distorted and i get a lot of unwanted feedback. If the volume on the guitar is at 0 should you get the static? and when i play: it sounds pretty crappy and almost like the sound of the guitar and then a cheap speaker sound that is over it. Someone help me

i was gonna get one of them amps but the 2x12 version, i heard they were good for drop tuned riffage [thumbup]

Yeah, KL's right.

Look...

Used amp = needs tubes.

I lost a preamp tube in my Hot Rod DeVille when I had it cranked - it was only a year old.

Thought I smelled something, turned to look and there was an orange glow on the wall behind it.

Little bit of smoke as I shut it down, realized the sound was getting thin about that time.

When the vacuum fails and air enters the tube, it's arc-welding time inside the glass...

On your amp, take it to your friendly neighborhood amp guru and see what he thinks.

If a tube or two cures it, you're good.

He'll make sure the tubes match and the bias is set properly (generically speaking here) and anything else it needs.

Call around to a couple shops and tell 'em what you got, go from there.

Don't get in a hurry - if there's a work backlog, it means that's a good shop.

[thumbup]

You should be set then, ready to rock for years to come.

I had this exact same problem when I bought my 5150 (same amp, just older). I took it back to the store where I bought it, and it turned out to just be a bad tube. They swapped the tube and everything has been fine since. I hope that's all it is with your amp.

well i brought it to them and they said nothing was wrong with it but it cant be a bad tube. becuase it does it on both tubes

Archived