Gibson Brands Forums

You know those street fairs done by chruches are the best places to find cheap guitars.

dem00n

I found the washburn (sold) and my classical guitar in a street fair by a church.

My friend found his gibson acoustic at one for $300, a other friend found a Dean for really cheap at one as well.

Man i gota go to more of these things. [lol]

I found the washburn (sold) and my classical guitar in a street fair by a church.

My friend found his gibson acoustic at one for $300, a other friend found a Dean for really cheap at one as well.

Man i gota go to more of these things. [lol]

Don't wear a Gibson Forum name tag B)

In the very early eighties there was still a large covered street market in a very rough area of Glasgow that sold all sorts of stuff, mostly dirt cheap and mostly garbage.

There was one stall that had, amongst the rest of the clutter, about a dozen crappy guitars. Few had the right amount of strings and were rubbish even when new. One of the acoustics, however, hanging on the back wall looked way better than the rest of their 'stock'. It was clearly old and in very good nick. I squinted at the headstock and asked the merchant if he would pass me the 'old guitar on the left...' He asked; "Which one? The Martin?..." The bugger knew exactly what it was and how much it was worth!

Damn...

dem00n, you're right. I don't know how often it happens anymore (with eBay and Craigslist being so popular), but I can specifically remember maybe 7 or 8 years ago going to a church festival with my parents. They had a 'White Elephant' tent set up, selling mostly books, old couches, crappy other furniture, old dishes, etc. You know, garage sale type stuff. Anyway, I found some books I liked, and got in line. There was a guy maybe 3 people ahead of me holding some acoustic guitar case. As I was leaving, I ran into the guy and noticed a Gibson logo screen printed on the case. I asked him what he had, and he opened up the case to reveal some really nice (I don't know what kind) old, Gibson 6 string acoustic. Nothing too special, but a pretty, old guitar. He said he paid $50 for it. If only I would have got there 15 minutes earlier! ](*,)

Archived