Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone own a LP Traditional?

heymisterk

Okay, I was going to get some feedback on the LP part of the thread, but I always have better luck here [thumbup]

I have a chance to pick up a LP Traditional - a sweet Goldtop - for a good price. I am just curious if anyone has an opinion - positive, negative, other - about them. It's an '09. I got a little confused about the different levels just within the Trad. line...Pro, "regular"....?

Thanks!

I have a Traditional Plus and couldn't be happier. The tone it gets is amazing and the 57 classics rip your face off. I read somewhere that the Plus model is exclusive at Guitar Center but not sure if that's true. As far as I know the "plus" is the figured maple top but I could be leaving things out. I played so many I get mixed up at all the different models. I just know I found the perfect guitar for me. Got a pic to post?

The biggest difference between the Pro and Plus is the neck. The Plus has the thicker 50s profile while the Pro has the slimmer 60s style.

now I wouldnt say that. there are a bunch of differences bettween the pro and plus. weight releived vs. chambered. coil splitting vs. not. plain vs. plus.591443jpg.jpg53587_l.jpg

heymisterk, make up your own mind. I would rather have the plus and just put coil splitting on there afterwards.

now I wouldnt say that. there are a bunch of differences bettween the pro and plus. weight releived vs. chambered. coil splitting vs. not. plain vs. plus.

Dude, read my post again. Do you see the word "only" anywhere in there. I'm willing to bet you will not find it. :unsure:

All Traditionals are weight relieved.

Archived