Gibson Brands Forums

Dang GAS.

Andre S

And I wouldn't mind doing that......except I found a used Gibby Faded V....for 695.....By the time I change out the guts it would be more expensive.

And then to counter that.....knowing how much I like the RS electronics compared to the stock Gibson electronics I might change out those on the faded v as well.....and possibly the pups from the ceramics if I don't like them......so it comes the same thing.......narrowed between gutless epi and gutless gibby....one with the look I want but possibly with worse construction.

And I wouldn't mind doing that......except I found a used Gibby Faded V....for 695.....By the time I change out the guts it would be more expensive.

And then to counter that.....knowing how much I like the RS electronics compared to the stock Gibson electronics I might change out those on the faded v as well.....and possibly the pups from the ceramics if I don't like them......so it comes the same thing.......narrowed between gutless epi and gutless gibby....one with the look I want but possibly with worse construction.

The gibson would get you the best tone.

Whats more important to a real guitarist?

Tone or Looks?

You cant polish a turd

Though the Mythbuster's proved that you indeed could polish a turd.....I agree with you.

If they offered the V's that are around 1000 in natural....I would have one.

Cherry and Wine Red are a little too similar...I want variety too.

[biggrin]

Though the Mythbuster's proved that you indeed could polish a turd.....I agree with you.

If they offered the V's that are around 1000 in natural....I would have one.

Cherry and Wine Red are a little too similar...I want variety too.

[biggrin]

I've considered refinishing my v in natural.

You cant polish a turd

But you can mold it. If a 50s-style Epi V fell into my lap I'd totally put in the upgrades and play it out, simply because of the tailpiece and body shape.

The V in the vid is better looking than the '67 style (or whatever the common V is styled after).

To me this is for 2 reasons.

1. V tailpiece.

2. Shape of the body where it meets the neck is a much tighter radius that exposes a little more neck & looks cooler.

Gold hardware, finish color, etc are nice but they're not what makes the 50s-style V cooler. You can put those features on a current model and not get so much appeal.

But you can mold it. If a 50s-style Epi V fell into my lap I'd totally put in the upgrades and play it out, simply because of the tailpiece and body shape.

The V in the vid is better looking than the '67 style (or whatever the common V is styled after).

To me this is for 2 reasons.

1. V tailpiece.

2. Shape of the body where it meets the neck is a much tighter radius that exposes a little more neck & looks cooler.

Gold hardware, finish color, etc are nice but they're not what makes the 50s-style V cooler. You can put those features on a current model and not get so much appeal.

Yup.....although with the right colour changes to the common style, it would look a lot better IMHO

Archived