Gibson Brands Forums

i swear i love this picture lol

hotshot9991

Cause women love a good ol' smelly leather hat.

No really they do.............seriously.msp_flapper.gif

[laugh]

It's the pheromones man. [sneaky] Axe is for sissy pretty boys. ("metrosexual" my left... :rolleyes: )

I always thought they liked clean cut, pretty men. I found out that I always had a lot more luck looking scruffy, with whiskey and tobacco on my breath. They tell me that they like the smell of man. I guess that hat really brings it out. [cool]

Say what you will about the sartorial splendor(or lack thereof) but Saul Hudson is responsible for bringing Les Pauls back to the rock and roll limelight. It was all about Eddie Van Halen and super strats through the '80s until Appetite For Destruction, which is easily one of the best rock records of the 1980s. You know you love that record.

Right on!! [thumbup][thumbup][thumbup][thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]

Say what you will about the sartorial splendor(or lack thereof) but Saul Hudson is responsible for bringing Les Pauls back to the rock and roll limelight. It was all about Eddie Van Halen and super strats through the '80s until Appetite For Destruction, which is easily one of the best rock records of the 1980s. You know you love that record.

Right on!! [thumbup][thumbup][thumbup][thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]

No, I really don't love that record.

Please tell us why. I am genuinely curious.

The songs are great, but I like my rock with a lot of bass. Aerosmiths Rocks is one of my favorites. If you've ever heard it, it has a real deep sound to it. Appetite seems like it has too much top end to me. I guess it's a personal preference. Epic by Faith No More hits me the same way. Great songs but not enough bottom.

The songs are great, but I like my rock with a lot of bass. Aerosmiths Rocks is one of my favorites. If you've ever heard it, it has a real deep sound to it. Appetite seems like it has too much top end to me. I guess it's a personal preference. Epic by Faith No More hits me the same way. Great songs but not enough bottom.

I'll give you that. Duff's bass is very clickitty-clackitty.

You know Appetite was the last major label released hard rock album to be mixed and mastered for vinyl?

Pippy aren't you a girl?

Not the last time I looked in the mirror but I suppose there's still time...

Me, in my profile pic, with my old Epi a few years ago just for those gluttons for punishment - and also to offer Artillery Owl the chance of getting his own back!

meandEpi150.jpg

Not the last time I looked in the mirror but I suppose there's still time...

Me, in my profile pic, with my old Epi a few years ago just for those gluttons for punishment - and also to offer Artillery Owl the chance of getting his own back!

meandEpi150.jpg

[blush] Sorry, my bad.

I tend to always wear a hat. Straws in summer, felt in winter. A reeeeeeally old beat-up felt when the weather's really bad 'cuz you can wrap a scarf around the brim and keep your ears from freezing down to maybe 10-15 below 0 F.

The real advantage for a brimmed hat in summer is that it helps keep the ears from bad sunburn and probable cancer. I've worn one for so long it feels odd to be outside without one.

In fact... out here one tends to keep the hat on even in a cafe or saloon. When I visit more urbanized circumstances I'll take off the hat at a table. City folks are odd figuring that's what should be done. <grin>

Okay, the hat's off also at indoor "classical" concerts too. Don't wanna get kicked by an angry lady sittin' behind me.

m

I tend to always wear a hat. Straws in summer, felt in winter. A reeeeeeally old beat-up felt when the weather's really bad 'cuz you can wrap a scarf around the brim and keep your ears from freezing down to maybe 10-15 below 0 F.

The real advantage for a brimmed hat in summer is that it helps keep the ears from bad sunburn and probable cancer. I've worn one for so long it feels odd to be outside without one.

In fact... out here one tends to keep the hat on even in a cafe or saloon. When I visit more urbanized circumstances I'll take off the hat at a table. City folks are odd figuring that's what should be done. <grin>

Okay, the hat's off also at indoor "classical" concerts too. Don't wanna get kicked by an angry lady sittin' behind me.

m

When I used to mow and rake hay during the summer our bailer was the man I worked for's father. 82 years old and there were a few things that never changed with him, long sleeves a straw hat and a pocket knife - even in 100+ hot humid summers here in Kansas. Unfortunately he passed away last fall, he was a great man.

This has more to do with production than band. I know what you are saying though and I think you're right. Appetite For Destruction

has this kind of high mid-rangy mixing or mastering quality to it.

No matter what anyone says, they hate that album or song but for how long slash had been playing at the time, appetite is awsome.Slash recreated most of rock with his cool blusey sounding rock riffs and lastly I dont give a crap if you can play the song just like he dose or your better than him.I whant you to sit down and make up a solo like novemebr rain and the ending and tell me if you still think slash is joke??????

p.s. pretty hard to bounce from crazy rocking welcome to the jungle to a very slow blusey sounding november rain then back up to a song like sweet child o mine.......

No matter what anyone says, they hate that album or song but for how long slash had been playing at the time, appetite is awsome.Slash recreated most of rock with his cool blusey sounding rock riffs and lastly I dont give a crap if you can play the song just like he dose or your better than him.I whant you to sit down and make up a solo like novemebr rain and the ending and tell me if you still think slash is joke??????

p.s. pretty hard to bounce from crazy rocking welcome to the jungle to a very slow blusey sounding november rain then back up to a song like sweet child o mine.......

ok, Kid? Chill. Seriously.

I'm quoting you on this one;

"I dont mean to make you mad in anyway or anything but what do you mean. ya I like slash but i dont flip out when someone dosent agree with me, I hate people like that. "

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/55678-what-do-you-think-of-my-progress-so-far/page__st__20

No one forced you to share your pic, it's a great pic but you understand that you will be teased for it, take it in stride and relax

Archived