Gibson Brands Forums

Treble Pickup not working !??!

StrYk3D

Hi guys,

Well, I was playing guitar and the solo was about to begin so i put my distortion on and put on my treble pickup. The solo began and i started playing but no freakin sound was coming out the amp i switched to Rythm and it worked fine i switched to middle position didnt work fine only the rythm pup.

I have A Epi sg '66(look my avatar)

Read some other forums they said its the wiring of my switch?

Thx in regard

StrYk3D

Yep, I'd check the 3-way switch first, too.

take the cover plate off and have a good visual inspection, chances are that a wire has come loose. if you have a soldering iron it's an easy fix. if there are no loose wires then the actual selector switch is the most likely culprit. If you are not confident with your guitar electrics, then as some one has already said, it would be quite inexpensive to repair at your local guitar shop.

good luck

It's hard for me to visualise the problem without a guitar in front of me but... If the switch is the problem on the bridge side of the switch, shouldn't it still work through the neck in the middle position?

To my mind, having it muted in the middle or bridge position would indicate a short circuit in the bridge side of the circuitry between signal and ground anywhere (possibly on the bridge volume pot) behaving like a volume pot set to zero. Possibly a bad solder joint has come loose and has touched against another joint. Best thing to do is still to open it up and have a look.

Archived