Gibson Brands Forums

If anyone is looking for a Brazilian AJ

gearbasher

I've got a 2006 that's Madgscar RW, It's got some unusual features for a contemporary Advanced Jumbo, very fat '30s style neck that's sprayed in a sunburst, sn# on headblock instead of headstock, and a few others. It's a great sounding AJ.

normal_DSC_0001_7.jpg

normal_DSC_0001_8.jpg

normal_DSC_0002_8.jpg

normal_DSC_0004_5.jpg

normal_DSC_0007_4.jpg

Blaster, That is one pretty guitar you have there.

AJ, my favorite Winston quote (that I refuse to use, so you may have it) is: “You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.”

AJ' date=' my favorite Winston quote (that I refuse to use, so you may have it) is: “You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.”[/quote']

Good one. I'm sure this will come in handy in due course. My favourite is:

Churchill: Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?

Woman: My goodness, Mr. Churchill… Well, I suppose… we would have to discuss terms, of course…

Churchill: Would you sleep with me for five pounds?

Woman: Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!

Churchill: Madam, we’ve already established that. Now we are haggling about the price.

I have one of those (Br RW/Adi) myself that I purchased from Music Machine a couple years back. This looks to be one of those to me, the BR back wood looks almost identical to mine. It is a GREAT sounding guitar. More warm and complex than you might expect from an AJ. I have to admit though, that Madagascar (sp?) looks fantastic. Beautiful guitar. Seeing the price, I am glad I bought mine when I did. I figured that since this was the last batch of BR from Gibson they would go up rapidly and it looks like they are. I couldn't really justify the purchase at that time except out of concern that they would run up to where I would never be able to buy one.

Archived