Gibson Brands Forums

ES-339 on the Way

G McBride

$1402.00 delivered. The guy posted a really bad cell phone picture and nobody bid except me until the last minute. I am hoping that the written description is true and that it will be as good as the seller described to me. Includes the Case and the COA. I am pretty excited because I think this is a very good deal.

$1402.00 delivered. The guy posted a really bad cell phone picture and nobody bid except me until the last minute. I am hoping that the written description is true and that it will be as good as the seller described to me. Includes the Case and the COA. I am pretty excited because I think this is a very good deal.

Thats a good price. Let us know all about it when you get it. K

My 339 has the Fat Neck too. I`m a big believer that a big neck adds to the tone and sustain. I`ve never played the 30/60 neck , I`m sure it cool though.Besides the smaller body the other thing I like is the vintage tone of the 339. I`m 59 and I remember learning The Last Time by the Rolling Stones to say how long I`ve been playing the guitar. I listen to alot of older music and I hear this guitar in there even though it wasn`t around in those days. I think if it (339) was around back then it would of been used.K

I laughed when I read your post because I will play that song occasionally also. Of course we are close in age, I am soon to be 58.

I can see what you are saying. I haven't played that on the 339 yet but heard those tones while playing around on it last night, might have even hit that look before moving on.

I`m glad your 339 seems to be working out. Buying on Ebay , you always take that chance on a guitar. If your like me , I can like 99% of a guitar but that 1 % that I don`t like can work on me and I end up selling it. Case in point , long time ago I bought a cheap strat , not a bad guitar but it had a perfume smell on it. No matter what I did to clean it , I couldn`t get rid of that smell. I had to sell it. It can always be something!

The other thing about the 339. Its nice to buy something new and its already got the older vintage vib! K

Very sweet indeed! Congratulations.

I hesitated on buying a 339 when they first came out and now I'm sorry I didn't. Can someone tell me if they sound the same or differently, (an how they do), from the larger bodied 335, 345, etc? I've been thinking about a hollow with humbuckers, (otherwise, I'm a Strat guy), but all this talk and being 61 makes it sound like this is the perfect guitar for us who play "OUR" music.

I don't have a Gibson 335 but I have a Epiphone Dot and a Gibson 339. The Bigger DOT body does produce a bigger bass tone and you have to adjust your setting accordingly. The 339 size is great for playing and you can get a lot of different guitar tones out of it.

Very sweet indeed! Congratulations.

I hesitated on buying a 339 when they first came out and now I'm sorry I didn't. Can someone tell me if they sound the same or differently, (an how they do), from the larger bodied 335, 345, etc? I've been thinking about a hollow with humbuckers, (otherwise, I'm a Strat guy), but all this talk and being 61 makes it sound like this is the perfect guitar for us who play "OUR" music.

Dennis , I`m 59 and I`m guessing in the same boat as you (Our Music) , I`m an old school guy. I`m a strat guy too but the 339 has changed that somewhat. I never liked the big body of the 335 , the feedback ...ect . But the 339 has fixed all that. Great guitar. Have you played any 339`s yet? Mine is a red one with the big 59 neck.

Archived