Gibson Brands Forums

Ideal Job for you

Johnt

Thanks LSG I saw your link elsewhere and thought I'd bring it over here.

So who is increasing production a tad then?

200 more manufacturing and labour jobs but credit where it's due the jobs are created in US not China!

Perhaps Gibson consider there is a shortage somewhere?

This is Live Sound Guys link

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080805/BUSINESS01/80805024

This is on forum from Lifestyle

http://forums.gibson.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=5840

Polish those CVs Boys and Girls.

And if you are successful in your application then remember the classic Johnny Cash song

" I got it one piece at a time"

BR

John

I love all Gibby's of course, but personally, I think I would rather work in Bozeman.

Mentally, to me anyway, the Nashville, and Memphis plants seem like they would be a manufacturing plant.

Whereas Bozeman, seems like it would be more of a craftsman, or artist workshop, if that makes any sense.

I love all Gibby's of course' date=' but personally, I think I would rather work in Bozeman.

Mentally, to me anyway, the Nashville, and Memphis plants [i']seem [/i]like they would be a manufacturing plant.

Whereas Bozeman, seems like it would be more of a craftsman, or artist workshop, if that makes any sense.

Yes know what you mean about working in Bozeman.

If I ever got past the interview they'd put me in charge of the coffee machine, I am so cack handed!

I was looking at the rest of the forum this am and saw your post in LP section and in view of us all wingeing about shortages etc I found it very interesting that Nashville was taking on such a large influx of people in what I too imagine is more of a "manufacturing" plant which of course should be more machine and less operator orientated.

Perhaps it's just that they sold shed loads of LPs and SGs!

BR

John

Gee' date=' I thought we were in a recession. Who is buying all these guitars? (besides us)

[/quote']

Just about anyone, including the Japanese. That's the beauty of the weak dollar. Folks on the other side of customs can buy more for their currency than when the dollar is strong.

You got something to sell? Hope for a weak dollar.

Got something you want to buy? Hope for a strong dollar.

It's all part of the ebb and flow of a free market economy. You can B*(@#&^ about the state of the economy, which isn't as bad as the politico pundits say it is, or you can just Ride the wave! Cawabunga Dude! :-k/

That's one of my favorite sports. Went into a screaming panic back in January or February where I liquidated 4 or 5 that held either 'B' or junker status and handed my brother $1000 cash so his Dobro would stay in the family.

Archived