Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD

stumblinman

Hey all, haven't been around in a while, since I'm not a big fan of the new combined boards here. Anyhow, just wanted to cheer a little about my '07 Blue Epi LP Studio I picked up for $140. Only thing wrong was a busted switch tip and the fact the guy selling it had .09's on it. I'm relatively happy with the bridge pup, but once again, the neck has to go.. can't they ship a decent neck pickup?

Good to be back..

Now with Pics!

OctoberPictures2010011.jpg

OctoberPictures2010010.jpg

OctoberPictures2010009.jpg

Hey all, haven't been around in a while, since I'm not a big fan of the new combined boards here. Anyhow, just wanted to cheer a little about my '07 Blue Epi LP Studio I picked up for $140. Good to be back..

You'll get used to the new layout. Actually brings in more visitors from the Gibby

side. $140.00.... Dang. Great Grab - Right place, right time. Do we get to see pics?

That way we can ALL be JEALOUS!

Keep coming back, it's not so bad around here - really!

Stumblinman, good to hear from you again. 140 bucks!! That's a great deal for a playable Epi.

Regarding your dislike of the new forum: I have set the Epi forum page as my favorite, and changed to the Classic Epiphone skin, down at the bottom of the page.

This, for me, makes it almost like the old forum. I don't have to go through the Gibson main page when I get here either.

I'm not phobic about the Gibson presence, but it does make it a little easier to get here.

Let's not forget to be a bit flexible.

Posted pics in original message now. I'll have to do some digging to figure out how to get this forum back to familiarity. I'd swing by once in a while, but the change just made the Epi community feel much less "important"? to Gibson by lumping them together with all the other brands. Maybe it just hurt my feelings lol. Thanks for the warm welcome again :)

Stumblinman - Lovely Studio! I LOVE my studio, and I know that

Sheila/Queen of Everything will, too, as she has a Blue Studio.

$140!!! Sheesh. I paid $340 for mine NEW in 2008. Lucky dog! [thumbup]

If your pups are still stock, they will be:

Bridge - HOTHB8B, 13.5Kohms

Neck - HB6N, 8.3Kohms

Only thing I noticed was that the stock pups do produce a noticeable

amount of bottom end, but hey, you CAN play 'em.

I see that your G400 has classic gibson style volume and tone knobs, i want some for my G400, but where do i buy ones that fit the Epi' pots?

You buy right here:

Guitarfetish website, fits EPI Coarse Splined Pots....

http://www.guitarfetish.com/4-Vintage-quotGibson-Stylequot-Chrome-topped-Black-Bell-Knobs_p_817.html

cheers Animal?

Cheers!!!! Guitarfetish is a good/safe site. I've bought MANY, MANY

items from them. They're also good about shipping quickly. Don't know

where you're located - in CONUS? Europe? The land Down under?

Great site to look thru - just Google "Guitarfetish", go to site,

start drooling.

Cheers!!!! Guitarfetish is a good/safe site. I've bought MANY, MANY

items from them. They're also good about shipping quickly. Don't know

where you're located - in CONUS? Europe? The land Down under?

Great site to look thru - just Google "Guitarfetish", go to site,

start drooling.

I'm UK, i hope the handling and postage isn't to bad. nice guitar for the price Stumblinman

Those were the stock knobs on my Faded G-400. I actually prefer the ease of use and playability of speed knobs, but they just don't look right on an SG. Also, I've already changed out the pickups on the Studio. Picked up a Burstbucker 3 in Zebra off CL and put my spare Mean 90 in the neck, so I'll post a new pic once I find out where the wife took the camera..

Animal,

I'm a big fan of the HB sized P-90 in the neck due to the inherent muddiness of humbuckers I've worked with. The P-90 brings more fatness with the snap and bite of a standard single coil. I always call the sound "woody" because it seems to have a different depth to it than a humbucker or a single coil. Just a personal tone fave. I usually use my G-400 neck pickup split rather than humbucker mode, but it's still a very nice sounding humbucker.

Archived