How can I get better sustain?

Tman5293

A bra would add support not sustain

1sus·tain vt \sə-ˈstān\

Definition of SUSTAIN

1: to give support or relief to

2: to supply with sustenance : nourish

3: keep up, prolong

4: to support the weight of : prop; also : to carry or withstand (a weight or pressure)

5: to buoy up <sustained by hope>

6a : to bear up under

Merriam-Webster

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, here's the problem as I see it: We're all talking from a purely subjective reading of the complaint about poor sustain.

So...

My thought is, are we perhaps talking about a wish that the guitar itself can't change?

That's a possibility.

So... if that be true, how then does one add sustain. A stomp box certainly is one option.

But in the olden days before stomp boxes we had volume pedals turned up way beyond where it should be and you could hold a note for ages... What the heck, pedal steel players have been doing just that for ages...

m

1sus·tain vt \sə-ˈstān\

Definition of SUSTAIN

1: to give support or relief to

2: to supply with sustenance : nourish

3: keep up, prolong

4: to support the weight of : prop; also : to carry or withstand (a weight or pressure)

5: to buoy up <sustained by hope>

6a : to bear up under

Merriam-Webster

Sorry Joaquin nice try but they don't call them underwire sustain bras for a reason - while the word sustain does technically mean to support from below- however the the word sustain is not used in that direct manner it is typically used as a verb usually used with a object that means to continue or prolong - so you can sustain a injury, you can use food to sustain life hence the term sustenance, a court can sustain a verdict by upholding a decision as just and valid, you can even uphold a valid statement yourself "as with further study it sustained my original beliefs" or since this is a music forum sustain is the prolongation of a note by technique or electronics

related words Keep up, prolong, get, have, continue

Sorry Joaquin nice try but they don't call them underwire sustain bras for a reason - while the word sustain does technically mean to support from below the the word sustain is not used in that direct manner it is a verb usually used with a object that means to continue or prolong - so you can sustain a injury, you can use food to sustain life hence the term sustenance, a court can sustain a verdict by upholding a decision as just and valid, you can even uphold a valid statement yourself "as with further study it sustained my original beliefs" or since this is a music forum sustain is the prolongation of a note by technique or electronics

related words Keep up, prolong, get, have, continue

Ttake a chill pill, retro. It's obvious it's a play in words... You ever heard of "humor"? Easy Captain....

OH uh sorry just got carried away, Now go get your shoe shine kit boy !

I don't take things personally one bit, especially from a stranger, and I'm not sure what you meant was malicious. It seems more like immaturity. However, it is general etiquette to watch what you say to others who've been here longer and are more familiar/knowledgeable of the way things flow here. You are too new to start to act like everybody likes/respects you. You're going to run into someone who's not going to be as nice as I am to tell you this, or you might get yourself in a bind with the mods if you keep it up. I believe this is the 2nd time you've come across rudely to a "veteran" here. Get the hint if you don't want folks against you.

I don't take things personally one bit, especially from a stranger, and I'm not sure what you meant was malicious. It seems more like immaturity. However, it is general etiquette to watch what you say to others who've been here longer and are more familiar/knowledgeable of the way things flow here. You are too new to start to act like everybody likes/respects you. You're going to run into someone who's not going to be as nice as I am to tell you this, or you might get yourself in a bind with the mods if you keep it up. I believe this is the 2nd time you've come across rudely to a "veteran" here. Get the hint if you don't want folks against you.

Rudely to a veteran, are you a mod ? NO, you got some posts but you only been around a few months, let me tell you your post count means nothing, I am rollin down I-95

right now in a tour bus going to a venue of 5 to 8 thousand folks, so revel in your

little clicks on some forum my man. SOLID G

I saw that movie... but I can't remember the name of it just now.

Was it Goodfellas?

Yes it was. Then of course Joe killled that dude who was made, and in the end that uh

did not work out for Joe.

OK we are gonna stop in this truck stop off 295 in New Hyde Park load some diesel etc.

Rudely to a veteran, are you a mod ? NO, you got some posts but you only been around a few months, let me tell you your post count means nothing, I am rollin down I-95

right now in a tour bus going to a venue of 5 to 8 thousand folks, so revel in your

I wasn't talking about myself, since roughly 4 months in any forum hardly a veteran makes, "my man". Plus, I don't have a click here. I actually have a blessed life (more than you'll probably ever know). I could care less who people are, and just so you know... ah, nevermind. Have a good "trip", Captain.

One old trick is to use heavy strings. I had a friend who played a old Les Paul TV Jr. (a double cutaway). One night when we were playing at a club he had a bit too much to drink and passed out while playing! Feel flat on his face, the guitar broke were the neck and body were joined, he had a guy fix it, he glued the joint and added a large metal plate on the back of the guitar over the break, that sucker would sustain like crazy after that plate was added...

You really might wanna shut up now. Like seriously the mods will fcuk your sh!t up. People here have easily hurt feelings. I've already been suspended for hurting someones feelings once.

You really might wanna shut up now. Like seriously the mods will fcuk your sh!t up. People here have easily hurt feelings. I've already been suspended for hurting someones feelings once.

You ever swipe your credit card for 150 gallons a diesel there T Biscuit ?

I like Gibson guitars and maintain a quite a few as my job, if I act like I am unconcerned about what people think, well it is because I am. I be rollin on here

shortley after my two semi's pull in to get there juice that will be 400 gallons a diesel and a 2 hour break then we going toward Jersey and hit the main 95 south.

Archived