Gibson Brands Forums

peter green/gary moore les paul

tattoo

any body know if gibson ever made a reisue of the peter green/gary moore lemon drop les paul? or does any body know about the color of that guitar? was it a regular color at the time and does gibson still make it? im pretty sure the guitar was a 59 standard, but if anyones got info on it or history id love to know. thanks

I played it a few times - and it WAS a good LP to play. But I think it was kinda tobacco, and very subtle tiger stripes too. PG loaned it to Gary back in the Skid Row days, and I spent time with Gary shortly afterwards when the solo albums were coming out (Pearse the drummer and Zara the roadie were mates). Jammed a few times with Gary and Phil the bass at Ginger Johnson's knees-ups at the Iroko and watched in awe as Gary played a residency at the Marquee (Monday nights - I ask you.....).

No idea if the sig is anywhere near that old LP, I just know that only a few play that well - or perhaps the smokey haze of memory makes everything seem better..... nope, 'cause I recall playing some total dogs back then too!

Archived