LesPaul Custom. Used to drive me INSANE with the fingerprints!! Just LOOK

at it, it gets fingerprints! [cursing]

But NOW - it's an issue I would GLADLY deal with. [biggrin]

Oh, Yeah - Definitely a CLASSY looking Guitar! [thumbup]

My first GIBSON Les Paul (back in the day) was a Black and Gold hardware

LesPaul Custom. Used to drive me INSANE with the fingerprints!! Just LOOK

at it, it gets fingerprints! [cursing]

But NOW - it's an issue I would GLADLY deal with. [biggrin]

Black and gold is an awesome colour combination, I've loved it ever since JPS used to sponsor racing cars in the '70s.

Thanks...I am really quite happy with it so far. I sounds a bit different from my Dot, but I'll do a side by side comparison tonight. Sounds great clean. I changed strings and cleaned it up a bit on the weekend, the only oddity was a rather substantial amount of scratches under the pick guard...has anyone seen this before, I'll try to get a picture up next time I have the pick guard off.

-Cal

the only oddity was a rather substantial amount of scratches under the pick guard...has anyone seen this before, I'll try to get a picture up next time I have the pick guard off.

-Cal

Could be that a previous owner used to like it with the pickguard off and the scratches came about from them playing it in that state.

Black and gold is an awesome colour combination, I've loved it ever since JPS used to sponsor racing cars in the '70s.

Beautiful guitar.

I remember those F1 cars. That American guy from Nazareth, Pennsylvania (also home of Martin) had a bit of luck with them.

Hmmmm, an EE07, you should do yourself a favor and take off the back cover on the control cavity and scrape away some black, to (hopefully) reveal the wood underneath.

Don't take offense but I've never seen a real EE07, in fact every one I've seen has been fake, it's the most faked Epi out there - black 2 pup EE07 custom - see my thread - "I bought a fake Epi... almost"

Of course I looked under the covers right away. Real solid wood. I finally was able to give her a good run tonite and this is a real sweet guitar. I can't believe how good it sounds clean...very clear and full. I was worried it might be muddy, but not at all. I bought it from a reputable dealer, so I could take it

back if it was fake...but it looks so good and sounds so sweet, I don't know that I would ;)

Of course I looked under the covers right away. Real solid wood. I finally was able to give her a good run tonite and this is a real sweet guitar. I can't believe how good it sounds clean...very clear and full. I was worried it might be muddy, but not at all. I bought it from a reputable dealer, so I could take it

back if it was fake...but it looks so good and sounds so sweet, I don't know that I would ;)

Well then I guess yours is the first EE07 I've come across, including me asking here on the forum in another thread.

Just the same, do not think buying from a reputable dealer is 100% foolproof (if the instrument was taken in on a trade as used). There's more than 1 documented case here in Canada of the nations largest retailer taking fakes in on trades.

Archived