Gibson Brands Forums

How long

Bluemoon

I got banned at ETSG, politics cited as the reason.

Truth is, an email exchange with a moderator did it. None of it was ever on the forum...

Thanks for being reasonable and respecting my opinions' date=' Neo. [/quote']

My Dad beat that into my head at a young age.

Disagree all you want, but ALWAYS attempt to understand the other guy's motivation.

He has reasons too, often no less valid.

I respect anyone who uses logic and reason to form their opinions as you have done.

Anybody who can form an articulate and lucid thought' date=' form core values, and live what they believe in has my respect.

Hypocrites don't last long around me - Left OR Right.

If you're spouting off this or that, you better be able to back it up with facts. Emotion and logic do not co-habitate.

And I want to come jam in the Rattlesnake Roadhouse.

And you can even smoke in there, bad as I hate tobacco...

:-)

The new forum might be cool if it stays small mlp is big and Im not into ibanez and Ovation posts by the hundreds, but it would be nice to talk about amps or pedals related to the guitar without getting deleted. I'm not going anywhere but I participate in a few forums already on building guitars and modding amps etc. but the Les Paul is my main addiction

They're teenagers' date=' that's why...enough said.[/quote']

Wow, how many quaint little anecdotes and cliche's did my folks throw at me?

There's no better time to be young and stupid, than when you're young and stupid.

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

To add to this one, when I did something dumb, my Dad would ask "Did you get smarter, or did you just get tougher?"

Well, being a young tuff guy, I always thought tougher was better. Yeah, I survived. Didn't hurt ME none....

Took me years to realize the insult carried within that question....

Also, I'm not a big fan of every imported guitar under $300. I simply don't care.

Good info, and I commend them on their talents and effort, but I'm a gear snob.

If it's well-made with American tone woods and first-rate electronics, then I might listen.

That's because kids will post a reply saying they don't know how to reply rather than just shutting up like a grown up usually would! eusa_wall.gif To them it's more like a chat room. You can bet if I don't know the answer I won't be composing a reply to tell you I don't know the answer. Instead I'll wait around to learn it from someone more knowledgeable.

Archived