Gibson Brands Forums

Making Dove Love

E-minor7

We have a symbiotic melt-down. Man and tool really get it together here. Don't know if I step on the border by showing the shot (found it somewhere- not E-minor7), but I think it's superb.

If anybody else feel like exposing a passionate acoustic Gibson-player, this is the thread.

somedudemakinlovetohisdove.jpg

And now I foresee someone screaming : Wait a minute - what the f... are you doin' - that's meeeeee. . . .

What's really amazing here is that Justin is fingering an a major chord (though with suspect barre technique), E-minor 7 has his dove tuned to open G and is fingering, yep, an A major chord, and Ms. Fender has, in the heat of the moment, forgotten that her guitar is backwards, but would otherwise be fingering an A major chord.

Birds, er, make that Doves, of a feather, indeed.

What's really amazing here is that Justin is fingering an a major chord (though with suspect barre technique), E-minor 7 has his dove tuned to open G and is fingering, yep, an A major chord, and Ms. Fender has, in the heat of the moment, forgotten that her guitar is backwards, but would otherwise be fingering an A major chord.

Birds, er, make that Doves, of a feather, indeed.

Hey JT - Your sure are on the creative frequency, and bless you. Have to say, though :

1- Justins barre technique appears very ordinary - in fact it's the G# position for beginners.

2- This terrific Dove-lover isn't me ! I'm not a maple guy (so far).

3- You give the Fender-witch a load of credit there. . .

Hey JT - Your sure are on the creative frequency, and bless you. Have to say, though :

1- Justins barre technique appears very ordinary - in fact it's the G# position for beginners.

Just havin' some fun, of course. But, I'm sticking with my critique of Justin. Sure, he does appear to be playing the tonic with his index finger on the low E string, but that arch in his index finger is preventing him from making a barre. Maybe he spends too much time on his hair.

This thread offers a possibility to recycle a picture that didn't get too much attention the last time it was on (which disappointed me a bit).

Can't believe nobody knows one of the creative forces behind the very special and precious album Forever Changes. Ladies and gentlemen : Mr. Arthur Lee !

PeaceandUnderstanding4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

OH YEA...... IT'S ME BABY.... WELL NOT ME BUT IT'S MY DOVE AND MY FRIEND PLAYING IT...... WOW... Never thought I'd see a thread started with my (baby) guitar as the headliner....

I actually have black and white pics of the dove and me playing it when I was a kid. Last time I dated the serial number it when back to 1965. My dad is the original owner, bought it in NYC back in the day thinking he would learn to play guitar. Never happened and then I came along.... Cool beans...

and I quote: "Wait a minute - what the f... are you doin' - that's meeeeee. . . ."

We have a symbiotic melt-down. Man and tool really get it together here. Don't know if I step on the border by showing the shot (found it somewhere- not E-minor7), but I think it's superb.

If anybody else feel like exposing a passionate acoustic Gibson-player, this is the thread.

somedudemakinlovetohisdove.jpg

And now I foresee someone screaming : Wait a minute - what the f... are you doin' - that's meeeeee. . . .

BTW, what I like most is that I've yet to find an ealy 60's Dove with a natural finished maple back. Not sure why but this one has the same clear finish front, sides, and back.

To me, the sound and tone is priceless.

Gus

It IS a beauty. I actually am not fond of the "cherry red" finish on most Doves, nor am I super hot on the Red sunburst Hummingbirds either. When I was looking for my DIF, I figured I'd have to settle for the "Cherry Red" Maple back & sides....but I found one with natural maple, and I think it's absoultely beautiful.

used_006.jpg?t=1293154696

OH YEA...... IT'S ME BABY.... WELL NOT ME BUT IT'S MY DOVE AND MY FRIEND PLAYING IT...... WOW... Never thought I'd see a thread started with my (baby) guitar as the headliner....

Fantastic!

Glad you can take it (both of you). Sometimes we aspire to some higher circles of sensemaking on this Forum.

JiveOn * * *

Sweet....

It IS a beauty. I actually am not fond of the "cherry red" finish on most Doves, nor am I super hot on the Red sunburst Hummingbirds either. When I was looking for my DIF, I figured I'd have to settle for the "Cherry Red" Maple back & sides....but I found one with natural maple, and I think it's absoultely beautiful.

used_006.jpg?t=1293154696

Just havin' some fun, of course. But, I'm sticking with my critique of Justin. Sure, he does appear to be playing the tonic with his index finger on the low E string, but that arch in his index finger is preventing him from making a barre. Maybe he spends too much time on his hair.

[lol][woot][lol]

Those wire things on that guitar hurt his fingers........

Archived