Gibson Brands Forums

Rosewood?

neilpanda

The last I heard on that was that Gibson had, in fact, purchased rosewood from a European distributor. The Distributor had gotten the illegal rosewood.

My assumption is that Gibson was unaware... just like you or I would have been had we placed an order with a company for rosewood.

Is that rosewood or purpleheart wood?

And isn't there an ongoing federal investigation on illegal Madagascar rosewood imports involving Gibson, or has that been settled?

Im guessing not, logging these trees is illegal...

and Im not to sure about that investigation with Gibson about the Madagascarian rosewood.

but wasnt that like a year ago?

If you saw the same documentary I did, it focused on the lack of oversight in Madagascar.

No functioning gov't, so money is their god.

Every tree that will pay them a buck is getting cut down and dragged to market - even from their parks.

It's not just trees, EVERY resource on the island is being plundered from within.

Hungry people do that and greedy people "help" them.

If there's a connection to Gibson through such a comprehensive deception, I would not be surprised.

Gibson has too much at stake to willingly commit such an environmental sin - forget whether or not it's criminal.

Haven't heard anything recently, so I don't know if anything's changed or the news simply moved on.

Archived