Gibson Brands Forums

Boss pedal

Theroodhy

Hello.

I really want a good guitarstack, but i dont know which one. I want a slash kind of sound, but i dont think im buying the afd 100. I want something a bit cheaper. Anything like a marshall haze or something. I got a marshall class 5. But the new boss st-1 sounds great. What should i buy?

Does ST-2 stand for Slash Tone 2? In that case it might replicate the "Slash solo" tone and not the AFD tone, for the AFD tone you'll need the ST-1 [biggrin][flapper]:rolleyes:

Jokes aside, the key to anyone's sound/tone is not in the amp or pedals, not even on the guitar. I bet you Slash would sound like him with a melody maker and a line6 spider with a $5 cable and no pedals. At least that's how it works for me, I always sound like me, even when playing through anyone else's rig (something I prefer not to do).

But if anything else fails and you just gotta have stuff that will make you sound like Slash, get a tube amp and a guitar with humbuckers of half decent quality. Next step would be a wah pedal[thumbup]

Goodness Thunder!

I was absolutely mugged in a thread awhile back for saying that exact thing. I think it was the drunken bar gigger throwing most of the punches too.

Thank you for stating that the it's ultimately the player that drives the sound. I may have to tweak and tone, but it doesn't matter what the gear is, I have a sound and always sound like me.

[thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]

Yeah, Thundergod is right.

I play a Telecaster through a Line 6 amp and it sounds the same as my LP through the Sunn. (not really, but you get the point)

I always have FredTone™ and as much as I try to get rid of it, its always there.

To get a sound like his, humbuckers and a tube amp are required. Rest is in the fingers

Is it a reissue, a pre-historic, solid bodied, pancaked, swiss cheesed or chambered? [blink]

[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] Just kidding!

A gibson LP is a good place to start, you probably need an amp with god overdrive or a clean amp with a pedal. I think most of the solo tone is in the use of a wah and sometimes a delay... I could be wrong tho.

Archived