Gibson Brands Forums

Confused.

Murph

I'm in the market for a 1958 Reissue Les Paul. Tobacco burst.

Musicians Friend has $3399.00. Bizarre Guitar in Phoenix has them for $2750.00.

Helluva spread there.

The closest dealer to me is Mayberry Music in Jonesboro Ill. They told me today the Musicians Friends guitars are not the same as the ones they sell. They are a cheaper run, but they don't have one. But if they ordered one, it would be better. (no sh!t)

#517829 Musicians Friend $3399.00

#4012 Bizarre Guitar. $2750.00

Opry Mills is only 2 hours away. Will they match Bizarre's price, which is on their webpage? So I can actually play it?

What's with Musicians Friend being $600.00 plus higher than a dealer in Phoenix?

Confused.....

Murph.

a dealer can sell the guitar for whatever they want. a dealer cannot advertise below a certain point without violating their contract with gibson.

did bizzarre quote you this price in person or over the phone? or did they have it posted on their website? the other thing to consider is that the MF R8 is maybe a gloss top and the bizarre R8 is a VOS? gloss tops have a $300 upcharge.

Sorry Fenn, gigged out of town.

You just click any guitar on the sight, and there are a bunch of pictures, and a price.

The Tobacco burst on page 3 had a strange rosewood board, that might be why it's so cheap. (#4012) It's like striped.

Best to ya.

Murph.

that is the right web site. I shop at bizarre guitar all the time and buy all my gibsons from them, won't buy from MF. LAst year, I bought a vos 58 reissue in iced tea for $2600. they have a gloss iced tea 58 at $2999 now, the gloss are about 200-300$ more than the vos. WIth bizarre guitar, you will get a new guitar and spotless, not like GC or MF, where they may list it as new, even if someone returned within 30 days. Talk to Mike, he is the manager there, he is there every day except Tuesday and Sunday. hope that helps. you won't regret it...

ATTENTION PLEASE......

I just realized I've been looking at Bizarre Guitar in Reno, and they are NO LONGER A GIBSON DEALER.....

That's why they are advertising unreal prices.

My first search, after hearing the Neo dude, pulled them up, and they have such awesome pics and stuff I just assumed it was his favorite store.

I'm now thinking they may not be related.

So, long story short. I'm STILL...........

CONFUSED............

Murph.

I'm in the market for a 1958 Reissue Les Paul. Tobacco burst.

Musicians Friend has $3399.00. Bizarre Guitar in Phoenix has them for $2750.00.

Helluva spread there.

The closest dealer to me is Mayberry Music in Jonesboro Ill. They told me today the Musicians Friends guitars are not the same as the ones they sell. They are a cheaper run' date=' but they don't have one. But if they ordered one, it would be better. (no sh!t)

#517829 Musicians Friend $3399.00

#4012 Bizarre Guitar. $2750.00

Opry Mills is only 2 hours away. Will they match Bizarre's price, which is on their webpage? So I can actually play it?

What's with Musicians Friend being $600.00 plus higher than a dealer in Phoenix?

Confused.....

Murph.

[/quote']

an R8 is an R8...quality is the same regardless of the dealer. I'm guessing prices at Opry Mills are on the high end (i haven't been out there in quite a while), as i think they are required to sell at lst price...

Archived