• 2 weeks later...

Actually this is what it is Fritz Brothers

It's a Super Deluxe

56813ad1.jpg

dotCrown.gif Players of Fritz Brothers GuitarsInclude:

Bangles

Bill Bottrell

Brad Whitford (Aerosmith)

Darryl Jones (Rolling Stones, Miles Davis)

Eddie Duran

Gary Moore

George Harrison (video)

Jody Payne (The Willie Nelson Band)

Keith Richards

Randy Jackson

Roy Buchanan (video)

Steve Cropper

Actually this is what it is Fritz Brothers

It's a Super Deluxe

56813ad1.jpg

dotCrown.gif Players of Fritz Brothers GuitarsInclude:

Bangles

Bill Bottrell

Brad Whitford (Aerosmith)

Darryl Jones (Rolling Stones, Miles Davis)

Eddie Duran

Gary Moore

George Harrison (video)

Jody Payne (The Willie Nelson Band)

Keith Richards

Randy Jackson

Roy Buchanan (video)

Steve Cropper

Ahhh man...

Gotta be a LOT quicker on the draw to beat this guy!!

Ahhh man...

Gotta be a LOT quicker on the draw to beat this guy!!

he he .... I'm tenacious as hell. Couldn't find what kind of bridge was on my E2 so I searched for days, found the patent and called the inventor!! How's that for some diggin? msp_flapper.gif

Given your history, I'd be a wee bit surprised you didn't know it off hand....

:D

Nah nothing to do with history other than I saw it was a thinline right off the bat. From there it was just Google: Gary Moore + Thinline + Double Cutaway + Tele msp_biggrin.gif

Nah nothing to do with history other than I saw it was a thinline right off the bat. From there it was just Google: Gary Moore + Thinline + Double Cutaway + Tele msp_biggrin.gif

EXACTLY what I did... only not NEARLY so quickly heheheh

I actually like the Thinlines... the one I played had humbuckers, though, so that might explain it.

Fender did make a :huh: ... either a Tele or Strat hollow body. Cut to the rough shape of it's solid body name sake. I just don't remember which one. The hollow body did use the namesake's prefix, like Telecoustic or something like that. Maybe they did both. I would not say, out of hand, this is NOT a bona fide Fender.

Fender did make a :huh: ... either a Tele or Strat hollow body. Cut to the rough shape of it's solid body name sake. I just don't remember which one. The hollow body did use the namesake's prefix, like Telecoustic or something like that. Maybe they did both. I would not say, out of hand, this is NOT a bona fide Fender.

The Telecoustic and Strat equivalent was a true acoustic shaped like the namesake. http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0967310006

What you're thinking of is the Thinline Tele - a semi-hollow body electric shaped like a Telecaster. http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0137402321

The Telecoustic and Strat equivalent was a true acoustic shaped like the namesake. http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0967310006

What you're thinking of is the Thinline Tele - a semi-hollow body electric shaped like a Telecaster. http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0137402321

The second one is the one I was thinking about. BUt I now remember the round holed ones. If memory serves me, and sometimes it don't, the Thinline Tele had only a half a sound box. Just under the "F" hole. The treble side was solid. No?

The second one is the one I was thinking about. BUt I now remember the round holed ones. If memory serves me, and sometimes it don't, the Thinline Tele had only a half a sound box. Just under the "F" hole. The treble side was solid. No?

Correct!

Archived