Gibson Brands Forums

Fake speakers?

jnastynebr

Just got a pair of Heritage UK made greenbacks from UPS. Everything looks legit but you cant be too careful. With the bulk of Celestion's production now being done in China, I never considered the possibility that there may be some of their higher end products being counterfeited by the usual suspects. Has anyone heard of guitar/ bass loud speakers being faked and ending up in the US? I did a quick search and did not find anything, but who knows?

Yeah guys, I just moved to Middletown from Lincoln NE about 2 months ago. CT is pretty cool so far. I take the New Haven MTA to grand central on the weekends to see the Knicks. You cant beat the public transportation out here! Plenty to see and do, too. Too bad my Huskers couldn't muster a W against Oklahoma on sat. It would have been nice to see them destroy UCONN in a BCS bowl.

Isn't the heritage model made in China too now?

All of the others are... I haven't bought or used a heritage speaker in ages, but the last vintage 30, goldback and greenback sets I got had the "designed and enginered in the UK" label printed in the box with the "made in china" sticker inside (stuck into the magnet.

Archived