Gibson Brands Forums

Boutique Pedals

Californiaman

I ordered a Tim pedal about a month ago but it won't be built until around Feb. This site you linked did not have a Tim or Timmy.

In the mean time I bought an Over Drive 2 from BYOC that I'm building.

I want to know how that's going.

I was on their sight yesterday.

Thought about getting the Original Over Drive.

I want to know how that's going.

I was on their sight yesterday.

Thought about getting the Original Over Drive.

I finished the guts last night but it didn't work at first. I have to trouble shoot it. I did exchange a red LED for a blue one I have for an amp build. That may or may not be the problem. I don't see how it could be but I'll have to check.

It's pretty easy to solder but some of the parts are tiny to solder so you'll need a fairly small tip.

I don't have personal experience but they're pedals are supposed to be top knotch. I've mostly just heard that the Stone Bender is awesome.

They also apparently make amazing pickups. I think R9 has a set or two of their pickups.

I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Just based on their demos, the repeats on their analog delay degrade to quickly for my taste. They still degrade like an analog delay on the digital delay but it's more gradual. Plus that ping pong is sweet.

I know you're just kidding though. At least I'm pretty sure.

Just based on their demos, the repeats on their analog delay degrade to quickly for my taste. They still degrade like an analog delay on the digital delay but it's more gradual. Plus that ping pong is sweet.

I know you're just kidding though. At least I'm pretty sure.

Yeah, I'm kidding. I'm pretty happy with the Carbon Copy, but then again, I'm a hack at guitar. I'll use anything

Found the trouble spot on my BYOC overdrive 2 and the blue LED I had is for 6.3v so there was not enough power to light 'er up.

I just did some initial testing and it sounds pretty sweet. Very versatile with the mini-toggles and such. Right now I only have the chip that is in the TS808 but I have two other chips to experiment with since I bought the MOSFET kit with it. However, it's late here and the kids are in bed so more testing later.

Archived