Gibson Brands Forums

MF "Thumbs Up" Markdown on Wilshire

Supersonic

Apparently if 250 people give this the thumbs up "like" on Facebook by the end of the week, you can get a Pelham Blue Wilshire for $249 from Musician's Friend. I just ran across THIS and figured I'd pass it along.

Only problem I can see with this is you have to become a member of facebook, yuck. Facebook reminds me of a childs play room, just a bunch of toys.

Apparently if 250 people give this the thumbs up "like" on Facebook by the end of the week, you can get a Pelham Blue Wilshire for $249 from Musician's Friend. I just ran across THIS and figured I'd pass it along.

Done. I'm not interested in the guitar, but I don't mind helping others get a deal on it, if that's what they want.

Only problem I can see with this is you have to become a member of facebook, yuck. Facebook reminds me of a childs play room, just a bunch of toys.

Actually it's like MySpace, but for adults.

I find that it's actually pretty helpful for keeping in touch with family. Actually, I talk to a cousin and an aunt of mine quite a lot on there and I hadn't talked to either one for about 10 years before I got on facebook lol

Actually it's like MySpace, but for adults.

I find the opposite, just my opinion. Regardless, I don't like either of them.

I find that it's actually pretty helpful for keeping in touch with family. Actually, I talk to a cousin and an aunt of mine quite a lot on there and I hadn't talked to either one for about 10 years before I got on facebook lol

Couldn't you do that by email, why do you need a massively overblown interface just to hold a conversation.

I could do it by carrier pigeon if I wanted to, but facebook is a little easier.

I probably phrased that wrong, why has fb made it easier to have contact with them?

EDIT: I'm serious, I'd like to know why those sites are so appealing to some, yet leave me cold.

I probably phrased that wrong, why has fb made it easier to have contact with them?

EDIT: I'm serious, I'd like to know why those sites are so appealing to some, yet leave me cold.

Well, I had no idea where they even lived, let alone what their email addresses were. I searched their names on facebook and "added them as friends" and we stay in touch now. I was also able to find other relatives I had lost touch with too that were THEIR facebook friends, ect. It's not for everyone, but it has it's benefits.

EDIT: I'm serious, I'd like to know why those sitle are so appealing to some, yet leave me cold.

I used to feel the same way, but had a friend whose only online presence was on MySpace (he was the guitarist in a touring band), so I joined myspace just to keep in touch. Had similar experiences with others.

Soon after joining fb, I found long-lost friends and family who had been looking for me.

Facebook doesn't have all the bandwidth-intensive graphics and sounds on personal pages, so I find it much preferable. Even on slow connections, (which I experience quite a bit in my travels), facebook is faster than most websites.

Regarding the "why not email" question, people often change their ISP and their email addresses get lost in the shuffle. So many prefer the fb format, that I find myself preferring it, too. Anyone who gives a hoot about me can see what I'm up to. This way I don't send emails to anyone who doesn't want to receive them. (People are finicky about emails, sometimes.)

Also keeps me in contact with work associates around the globe. This can come in very handy if I find myself in need of a different job.

It has its uses.

I'm also not a fan of Facebook (much less MySpace, ew.) I tried it out for a while but eventually realized it did nothing good for me, and was just a burden. But that's me; I'm pretty much a loner in a lot of ways.

+1 My feelings in a nutshell.

Well, the only reason I started this is that I hoped maybe it might help get someone a good guitar for a discount price. As far as facebook goes, I like it. Some people don't. It's all good. I was just trying to pass on some info that might help somebody out if they were looking for a Wilshire. I guess I'll just not pass along such things in the future then, I just spotted what I considered a "deal", I wasn't planning on a debate about social networking sites.

Well, the only reason I started this is that I hoped maybe it might help get someone a good guitar for a discount price. As far as facebook goes, I like it. Some people don't. It's all good. I was just trying to pass on some info that might help somebody out if they were looking for a Wilshire. I guess I'll just not pass along such things in the future then, I just spotted what I considered a "deal", I wasn't planning on a debate about social networking sites.

That happens in every forum in which I post. When someone mentions facebook, it turns into such a thing.

The funny thing is that a forum, such as this, isn't far removed from a social networking site. It's OK, though. I appreciate that you took the time to post this. I always try to help such things along, too.

Sorry Supersonic101, it was my fault the thread went off topic, I certainly didn't really mean to hijack the thread, just mentioned my dislike of FB and it snowballed from there.

I commend your original intention and thank you very much for it, please don't take the off topic discussion as a sign of disinterest, that certainly wasn't my intention.

Again, sorry for going off topic.

I mean we're all on a worldwide, hyper-specific (epi guitars) discussion forum arguing about the merits of social media. hard to say "i dont understand facebook" when im also having discussions with random people about various topics. as a means of communications and keeping up with people you otherwise wouldnt, i think it's great. there is a lot of fluff on there. Ever seen those sharejacking posts? app developers hijacking the Share function. Sharejackers induce people to pass phishing surveys on to their friends by hiding the Share button under a fake Next tab. So yea, there's bad parts to it.

I like social media. I will like this, and hope to get a blue epi.

Sorry Supersonic101, it was my fault the thread went off topic, I certainly didn't really mean to hijack the thread, just mentioned my dislike of FB and it snowballed from there.

I commend your original intention and thank you very much for it, please don't take the off topic discussion as a sign of disinterest, that certainly wasn't my intention.

Again, sorry for going off topic.

No problem RaSTus. I guess we all get a little sidetracked sometimes.

BTW, I don't think any of this will make any difference because only 86 people have clicked "like" on the ad and it needs 250 for the deal to work lol

Archived