Gibson Brands Forums

Chad Kroeger and Zakk Wylde in the same song?

Silenced Fred

nathan...have you taken your medication today? [blink]

I don't take meds, so no [flapper]

I have started to realize its not just blinding ability that makes a great guitarist. I have started playing around with delay, and getting timing and all of that stuff right, it gave me a new appreciation.

Cuz I'm a better player than him :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, one of the worst bands out here. I love it when people just complain about a band and say they suck, but what do they do?

I even have some respect for the Jonas Brothers, they still go out and perform, but I still dislike them. Like U2, I don't care for their music, and I hate Bono, but I respect them. The Edge is a great guitarist and the other musicians are great. They're doing something better than I am

I gotta say I like his sound, The Edge, that is.

I'm not a big Jonas Brother's fan, either, but I'd play in their backing band if I got the chance.

I screwed up once turning down a chance to tour, I'll not make that mistake again. [glare]

[blink]

Someone kill me

Don't tell me people actually like this song? Two biggest problems with this song

1. It has no melody. It's just mindless strumming and digital sequencing of chords. They go nowhere. Same with the vocals. The rapping is the best part of the song. At least that has some groove.

2. LAY OFF THE COMPRESSION. MY EARS ARE STILL RINGING AND I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE VOLUME UP PAST 2. THIS IS WHAT THE SONG SOUNDS LIKE TO ME AND NOW I FEEL AN EAR FATIGUE HEADACHE COMING ON. THANKS. DOES ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS?

Don't tell me people actually like this song? Two biggest problems with this song

1. It has no melody. It's just mindless strumming and digital sequencing of chords. They go nowhere. Same with the vocals. The rapping is the best part of the song. At least that has some groove.

2. LAY OFF THE COMPRESSION. MY EARS ARE STILL RINGING AND I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE VOLUME UP PAST 2. THIS IS WHAT THE SONG SOUNDS LIKE TO ME AND NOW I FEEL AN EAR FATIGUE HEADACHE COMING ON. THANKS. DOES ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS?

Screw the music, it's all about the T&A. [biggrin]

I LOVE U2! Seriously though, great band.

...I also like Limp Bizkit. Wes Borland is a great guitarist and the band on the whole is kinda like a dumbed-down version of Suicidal Tendencies. Speaking of which, Suicidal Tendencies is a great band, same for Infectious Grooves.

Also, that's definitely not the worst song I've ever heard--I mean, I don't love it, but I wouldn't throw a fit if it were playing in someone else's car and I couldn't turn it off. That's pretty much how I feel about bands like Nickelback, Creed and Godsmack. Never heard of Saliva, though. Maybe I'll check 'em out. But yeah, this song's OK in my book.

...Then again, seeing as how I'm the resident grindcore player, perhaps I shouldn't talk about taste? [lol]

...Then again, seeing as how I'm the resident grindcore player, perhaps I shouldn't talk about taste? [lol]

Don't sell the genre short. Grindcore would eat this butt rock for lunch and not think twice. Justin Broadrick has more creativity in a half measure of noise than that whole song.

Didn't watch the video. Figured it was NSFW.

yea thats probably a safe assumption [lol]

Don't sell the genre short. Grindcore would eat this butt rock for lunch and not think twice. Justin Broadrick has more creativity in a half measure of noise than that whole song.

i completely disagree with that statement... aside from the obnoxious level of compression (which, BTW, a lot of modern music also has), it's actually not a bad song at all... what about the song makes it not creative at all?? [confused]

i completely disagree with that statement... aside from the obnoxious level of compression (which, BTW, a lot of modern music also has), it's actually not a bad song at all... what about the song makes it not creative at all?? [confused]

The compression is big pain point for me because I cannot listen to an album that normalized. It gives me bad ear fatigue that manifests itself in tinnitus and an annoying headache. It's the reason I didn't buy RHCP's Stadium Arcadium and why I don't listen to By The Way even though I love the songs.

My problem with the song's creativity is the melody. It has no hook. Feels like mindless moving of chords with no direction. Does that make sense? Play this song on a piano or with an acoustic guitar. Can it carry itself without the keyboard sequencing and Zach Wylde leads? And maybe it is compression, but I didn't hear much dynamics either. As much as I am a luke warm fan of bands like U2 and Coldplay for milking the same riff for an entire song, they do write very hooky material that ropes you in and they layer well.

My problem with the song's creativity is the melody. It has no hook. Feels like mindless moving of chords with no direction. Does that make sense? Play this song on a piano or with an acoustic guitar. Can it carry itself without the keyboard sequencing and Zach Wylde leads? And maybe it is compression, but I didn't hear much dynamics either. As much as I am a luke warm fan of bands like U2 and Coldplay for milking the same riff for an entire song, they do write very hooky material that ropes you in and they layer well.

i found the song to be very "hooky"... its stuck in my head!! [biggrin]

Good point, and on that note my opinion on grindcore is very positive, otherwise I wouldn't be playing it, but I'll play a Nasum or Carcass track for someone and they'll go "what is that noise?!?!," so I suppose I was writing more from the perspective of the average listener.

Good point, and on that note my opinion on grindcore is very positive, otherwise I wouldn't be playing it, but I'll play a Nasum or Carcass track for someone and they'll go "what is that noise?!?!," so I suppose I was writing more from the perspective of the average listener.

Did someone say Carcass? Love that they just de-tuned the guitars as opposed to mid-scooping. Great bass playing and it's in the mix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c27WAhchHDI

This is my all time favorite Earache band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkjLSzb2yFo&feature=related

Archived